Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2017, 01:58 PM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayleysMom View Post

We have the MyRV Tablet system in our 2017 2861DS Forester. You can manually extend and retract the slides, you can start the generator, and there are several lights throughout the unit that have push button on/off switches.

What you cannot do (or at least we haven't found a way) is operate the hot water heater or the water pump and you would not have access to view the monitoring panel for your water/lp/tank levels.

Our BigFoot leveling system is not controlled by the MyRV Tablet.
Ok, which sounds like it could really ruin your trip, but stop short of being stranded. On the slide, is that manual as in physically pushing the slide in/out or an old school switch to activate the motor?
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 02:35 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Ok, which sounds like it could really ruin your trip, but stop short of being stranded. On the slide, is that manual as in physically pushing the slide in/out or an old school switch to activate the motor?
There is a shaft that you can turn using a wrench or maybe a drill with a socket. It is the shaft with the cotter pin on the left in the first picture below.

Please note: We have not actually done this but this is how we've been TOLD it should work!!

Also note that I have been emailing back and forth several times with Lippert to try to determine where the controllers for our two slides are, assuming with the MyRV tablet that there would be controllers. Their response was "Slide functions will be located on the Big black Omega controller board". Oooookay. I sent them the second picture below and asked if that was the Omega controller board and whether I needed to do anything with that before I manually extended or retracted the slide and they responded "yes that should be it. It would be a larger black box." and "You don't need to do anything with it."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bedroom Slide 3.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	281.7 KB
ID:	142360   Click image for larger version

Name:	013.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	332.4 KB
ID:	142361   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017 March 2 009.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	351.0 KB
ID:	142362  
Old 06-22-2017, 02:41 PM   #123

Quote:
There is a shaft that you can turn using a wrench or maybe a drill with a socket. It is the shaft with the cotter pin on the left in the first picture below.

Please note: We have not actually done this but this is how we've been TOLD it should work!!

Also note that I have been emailing back and forth several times with Lippert to try to determine where the controllers for our two slides are, assuming with the MyRV tablet that there would be controllers. Their response was "Slide functions will be located on the Big black Omega controller board". Oooookay. I sent them the second picture below and asked if that was the Omega controller board and whether I needed to do anything with that before I manually extended or retracted the slide and they responded "yes that should be it. It would be a larger black box." and "You don't need to do anything with it."
I'd bet you could pull one of those relays and jump across a couple of the pin locations to run the slide. You'd just have to figure out what pin locations to use. And... THERE LIES THE RUB!

You could pull the relays one at at time and see what function NO LONGER WORKS until you find the relay you want. Then inspect that relay to determine which pins operate the relay coil and which pins are for the contacts. Sometimes the relay will have a little wiring diagram on the side which shows this.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 02:44 PM   #124

Quote:

Thanks for the info. I'm real close to pulling the trigger on a Forest River. I know when I talked to a Thor salesman and he was talking about manually pushing in the slides, he said you had to remove the power to the motor first.

By the way, I just talked to a Salesman at the local(ish) dealer and he said his rep told him that they were going to start putting some switches back in the units. He said some lights and awning for sure, he wasn't sure what beyond that.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 03:01 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
I'd bet you could pull one of those relays and jump across a couple of the pin locations to run the slide. You'd just have to figure out what pin locations to use. And... THERE LIES THE RUB!

You could pull the relays one at at time and see what function NO LONGER WORKS until you find the relay you want. Then inspect that relay to determine which pins operate the relay coil and which pins are for the contacts. Sometimes the relay will have a little wiring diagram on the side which shows this.
Sooooo, what exactly is the relay? Are those the little black boxes that say SANYOU on them?
Old 06-22-2017, 03:09 PM   #126

Quote:
Sooooo, what exactly is the relay? Are those the little black boxes that say SANYOU on them?
Yes.

Old 06-22-2017, 03:12 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Thanks for the info. I'm real close to pulling the trigger on a Forest River. I know when I talked to a Thor salesman and he was talking about manually pushing in the slides, he said you had to remove the power to the motor first.

Yes, hearing that you had to do that is what prompted my initial email to Lippert. I wanted to be sure there wasn't anything I needed to do prior to manually extending/retracting the slides, should the need arise. Unfortunately, based on the way our email conversations went, I'm still a bit unsure that the person I was speaking with really knew what they were talking about.

By the way, I just talked to a Salesman at the local(ish) dealer and he said his rep told him that they were going to start putting some switches back in the units. He said some lights and awning for sure, he wasn't sure what beyond that.

I wish ours had a water pump switch. We don't connect to city water very often and turn our pump off when we are done using the water (just in case!) and it is a pain having to power up the tablet to turn the pump on and off. A button/switch like we had in our prior motor home would be much easier/faster.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:21 PM   #128

Quote:
Go to this website:

Welcome to Sanyou

Click on the pic of the relay and it will open a PDF file that will show you the various wiring schematics inside the relay. Not sure how to tell which is yours, though. There's probably one relay to run the slide out and a separate one to run it back in.

Old 06-22-2017, 05:27 PM   #129

Quote:
Go to this website:

Welcome to Sanyou

Click on the pic of the relay and it will open a PDF file that will show you the various wiring schematics inside the relay. Not sure how to tell which is yours, though. There's probably one relay to run the slide out and a separate one to run it back in.

Word to the wise: be careful when probing those relays. Often the operating coil have two contacts located together the other side will be three connections forming a form C switch. If you connect the wrong terminals you can smoke (ruin) some of those controls and destroy the control board. Can be done but be careful. Another caution some slides have brakes built in via gearing or the motor has electric brakes, don't force them, remove the motor. I had Schwintek two motors and a 12 volt D.C. Motor drive. Used a worm and gear drive, worm could drive either direction gear had to follow the worm. All cases motor needed removal before moving the slide. Easy way is to learn your system before emergency or maintenance is needed.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:28 PM   #130

Well, I looked at the PDF on the relays and the info is way above my head so it doesn't look like I'll be messing with any of that.

Our slides are Lippert above floor electric slides, not the Schwintek. I've searched here and other RV forums and You Tube and couldn't find anything specific to ours. As I said, I'm not confident in the answer I got via email so I may call Lippert and try to speak to someone else.

Thank you all for the information you shared.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:14 PM   #131

Glad I got my coach before this newfangled computer control stuff. I don't have a smart phone and refuse to get one for as long as I can hold out. No hi tech computer controls in my house and don't want any on my MH. Switches please.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:29 PM   #132

Where are all of the manual controls. We were told that there are no manual controls. Scary because our panel goes away and then we have NO control of lights, slides etc.
Suzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:46 AM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzette View Post
Where are all of the manual controls. We were told that there are no manual controls. Scary because our panel goes away and then we have NO control of lights, slides etc.
If you have the MyRV system, there are no manual controls for the items it controls, to my knowledge.
Old 07-18-2017, 06:41 AM   #134

Don't feel bad, the Jensen iN-Command system (the system used by Keystone) is the same way.

I thought it was slick when I bought my new rig last year. After having to reboot it all of the time, due to lost connectivity, I quickly realized I am SOL if it ever dies.

Now I'm missing the old traditional switches...
325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:45 AM   #135
"On the road again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzette View Post
If you download the app to your phone (iPhone or Android) you have 100% "manual" control in case the tablet goes out. I use my iPhone to level, to pull out slides so I can make sure they're not going to hit anything...to open awnings, etc.

Early one morning recently I heard noise outside my trailer while I was watching the news. With my iPhone I turned on the "Scare Lights" and the noise suddenly stopped.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:18 AM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshiflet View Post
If you download the app to your phone (iPhone or Android) you have 100% "manual" control in case the tablet goes out. I use my iPhone to level, to pull out slides so I can make sure they're not going to hit anything...to open awnings, etc.

Early one morning recently I heard noise outside my trailer while I was watching the news. With my iPhone I turned on the "Scare Lights" and the noise suddenly stopped.

The point was, if the electronic gadget has a problem, there are no manual controls and you are dead in the water.

Controlling the system with your phone is not "manual" control, that is more automation gadgetry.

In the iN-Command system, when the classic "Cannot connect to BCM" message is displayed on-screen, the phone is useless too.

I realize these are two different systems, however the concern is the same: when it dies, we can do little/nothing with our campers.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:11 AM   #137
Señor Member

My 2017 RV has on the myRV system .pdf manuals with a revision date of 7/9/2015.

When speaking with a Lippert technician on another issue he sent me updated manuals with a revision date of 5/16/2017

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/..._s_Manual_.pdf
https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...ng_Manual_.pdf

I have not compared the two revisions to see what, if anything, has changed (other than the date)

FYI the links for these at https://www.lci1.com/myrv do not seem to work (404 Page not found) Lippert has been notified.

Now I just need to figure out how to upload these files and remove the old ones on the myRV system.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:46 AM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForestWalker View Post
My 2017 RV has on the myRV system .pdf manuals with a revision date of 7/9/2015.

When speaking with a Lippert technician on another issue he sent me updated manuals with a revision date of 5/16/2017

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/..._s_Manual_.pdf
https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...ng_Manual_.pdf

I have not compared the two revisions to see what, if anything, has changed (other than the date)

FYI the links for these at https://www.lci1.com/myrv do not seem to work (404 Page not found) Lippert has been notified.

Now I just need to figure out how to upload these files and remove the old ones on the myRV system.
I took a brief look at the first manual, and I still don't get it. I understand the "aw shucks" appeal of techy things, but to me, these "smart house" things make little sense in an 1800 sq ft house; why do we think they'd make sense in a 300 sq ft RV?

TV remotes make some sense if you might be changing channels every 30 min or less; but I don't think I'll be turning my awning lights on and off every 30 minutes.

Are we really becoming that lazy? No wonder obesity is running rampant!

Old 07-18-2017, 11:53 AM   #139

Quote:
I took a brief look at the first manual, and I still don't get it. I understand the "aw shucks" appeal of techy things, but to me, these "smart house" things make little sense in an 1800 sq ft house; why do we think they'd make sense in a 300 sq ft RV?

TV remotes make some sense if you might be changing channels every 30 min or less; but I don't think I'll be turning my awning lights on and off every 30 minutes.

Are we really becoming that lazy? No wonder obesity is running rampant!

There are benefits.
Being able to open a slide while walking around your trailer to see that slide so you don't hit something.
Being able to lower jacks while outside looking at the jack is nice.

Not unlike the control center in our trucks, a "screen" gives you a lot of options... limited only by the developers of the system.

There are a lot of advantages. The idea is sound, however the implementation has been a work in progress.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:03 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshiflet View Post

What's the app called?
Raz6200 is offline   Reply With Quote