Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2020, 08:22 PM   #1

Location of wifi router in 2019 Forester

Hey guys, I have a 2019 Forester 3041. I have One Control for the slides, generater etc. I cannot find where the router is located. My Iphone gives me the My Rv # in settings but the dealer gave me the wrong Gateway tag. Go figure. They won't help. One Control tech says if I can't find it to contact FR with the vin# and they may can help. Was just wondering if anyone has ideas where it might be. Thanks in advance.
Ncook51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 09:49 PM   #2

Try removing the Jensen radio/dvd player. Mine was located in the space behind it. Also, when you find it it highly possible it will just be sitting on a shelf with nothing holding it in place. I put isolating rubber washers under mine and secured it with wood screws.
Old 09-11-2020, 11:29 AM   #3
Commercial Member

the router is located in the overhead behind the stereo above the sofa.

I hope this helps
karykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 09:07 AM   #4

In my 2291S I found it under the bed. Was working on the water tank fill hose and had to take the board off that the bed lays on and there it was mounted on a flat piece of wood with about 3 other modules.

I put two hinges on the board so I didn’t have to take the screws out each time I want to check the tank water level. The sensor wont read full.
Old 09-12-2020, 02:48 PM   #5

WiFi router

I have a 2019 FR3 30DS. I'm wondering if it has a WiFi router and if so does anyone know where is? My walk thru when I purchased it new about a year ago was very short and not very through!!! If anyone can help with this issue it would be great.
gerrygambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 06:39 PM   #6

Just a thought...wouldn't it be great if we actually got a owners manual that was worth a ...t?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncook51 View Post
Hey guys, I have a 2019 Forester 3041. I have One Control for the slides, generater etc. I cannot find where the router is located. My Iphone gives me the My Rv # in settings but the dealer gave me the wrong Gateway tag. Go figure. They won't help. One Control tech says if I can't find it to contact FR with the vin# and they may can help. Was just wondering if anyone has ideas where it might be. Thanks in advance.
JWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 08:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWallet View Post
Just a thought...wouldn't it be great if we actually got a owners manual that was worth a ...t?
Never gonna happen. Since Forester seems to never build two units the same way then every unit would have to have a different manual. Also, the floor workers are not known for quality work and they will take any shortcut possible in order to get the workday finished. So that means even FR doesn’t know where everything is located on their product.
Old 10-12-2020, 05:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by karykatz View Post
the router is located in the overhead behind the stereo above the sofa.

I hope this helps
I’m having connection issues between my tv’s. I’m assuming the connections are loose as they worked when we picked up the unit but after a long haul through construction bouncing I lost hdmi to the bedroom and outside and antenna to the outside.

How do I remove the Jensen radio, I’m not seeing any screws. Also is that where the connections will be?

Any help would be much appreciated.

John
3041 and loving it.....
jkohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 06:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkohan View Post
I’m having connection issues between my tv’s. I’m assuming the connections are loose as they worked when we picked up the unit but after a long haul through construction bouncing I lost hdmi to the bedroom and outside and antenna to the outside.

How do I remove the Jensen radio, I’m not seeing any screws. Also is that where the connections will be?

Any help would be much appreciated.

John
3041 and loving it.....
The Jensen is one of the easiest models to remove. Held in by four wood screws hidden by little plastic “panels” on each side. You can see in the pix below where you take a thin screwdriver, slide it behind the long vertical plastic pieces. Just pop them out by wedging them straight out...not up, down, left or right. Second pix shows the uncovered screws on the right side. Same as the left.

Old 10-12-2020, 07:38 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
The Jensen is one of the easiest models to remove. Held in by four wood screws hidden by little plastic “panels” on each side. You can see in the pix below where you take a thin screwdriver, slide it behind the long vertical plastic pieces. Just pop them out by wedging them straight out...not up, down, left or right. Second pix shows the uncovered screws on the right side. Same as the left.

]
Thank you so much, I’ll try it tomorrow night.

John
jkohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 07:21 AM   #11

Thank you all. I did find the router behind the radio. Yay!! Funny thing was the SSID was not correct. On my phone was a different ID. So I used that one and the Password on the router and it WORKS.
Just goes to show people at these factories aren’t trained or they just don’t give a crap. Y’all have a wonderful day!!
Ncook51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 01:06 PM   #12

Its interesting that the most common placement of the router in RV's that are equipped is tucked behind the radio. While this may keep the router out of sight, who has not had to reboot a router in the past to get it to work properly? Also, having the router sit behind a chunk of metal that also happens to emit EMF radiation is not going to help router performance much.

Chuck & Lois
newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 02:50 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by newRVer View Post
Its interesting that the most common placement of the router in RV's that are equipped is tucked behind the radio. While this may keep the router out of sight, who has not had to reboot a router in the past to get it to work properly? Also, having the router sit behind a chunk of metal that also happens to emit EMF radiation is not going to help router performance much.
True, but not relevant in this case. The only purpose this router serves is to allow the OneControl app to connect to the OC system in order to operate the connected devices. There is no need to connect to the OC if you are more than 100 feet away, and the supplied router is easily usable within that distance.

I tested using the Forester supplied router to see how it would act as a router to connect to the internet. Connected a Nighthawk MR1100 cellular hotspot using an Ethernet cable. It works...barely. The hotspot was showing download/upload speeds of 50+/20+ MBPS. The router re-broadcast that data at a blistering 1.5/3 MBPS. Definitely not worth using the OC router for other than its intended purpose.
Old 10-20-2020, 06:56 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
True, but not relevant in this case. The only purpose this router serves is to allow the OneControl app to connect to the OC system in order to operate the connected devices. There is no need to connect to the OC if you are more than 100 feet away, and the supplied router is easily usable within that distance.

I tested using the Forester supplied router to see how it would act as a router to connect to the internet. Connected a Nighthawk MR1100 cellular hotspot using an Ethernet cable. It works...barely. The hotspot was showing download/upload speeds of 50+/20+ MBPS. The router re-broadcast that data at a blistering 1.5/3 MBPS. Definitely not worth using the OC router for other than its intended purpose.
Thanks for the clarification. Was not aware that the "router" was single purpose only.

Chuck & Lois
newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 07:47 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by newRVer View Post
Thanks for the clarification. Was not aware that the "router" was single purpose only.
It is used as a single purpose router but has the same capability as any other cheap router. It does its job very well but it’s not something to compare to a top line Netgear, Arris, Linksys, etc etc.
Old 11-16-2020, 05:50 PM   #16
AWG

I think I found the wireless router in bolted to the ceiling in the center closet. It has a line 1 with a telephone line attached and line 2 with nothing attached not sure if it works or not cause have not been able to get a connection.
AWG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, forester, location, wifi