Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2016, 12:00 AM   #21
BEFUDDELED MEMBER

The Sunseeker and the FR3 are both entry level rv's. The Fr3 DS is the same layout as the 3010. If you spend much time in the rv you will find that the tv mounted directly across from the sofa/ recliners is much easier on necks and upper back than having to keep you head cranked to the left / right for hours trying to watch the tv mounted in the front or back of the living area. Just my experience from 13 years in a 5th wheel with a end mounted tv.
Get a copy of the FACTORY window sticker listing all std and optional equipment with prices to compare apples to apples.
Some dealers violate the federal laws and phony up a dealer sticker that is greatly inflated.
The FR3 will give the illusion of more space due to the taller ceiling and open driver area.

FR3 DS

Viet combat vet USNR, DAV, VFW, CCL. SASS
shooter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 06:42 AM   #22
Chief tinkerer

We have used the dinette bed already and the extra 14" of length on the U shaped dinette allowed a large adult to stretch out, where he might not have been able to on the opposed bench dinette.

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 06:58 AM   #23

Yesterday my wife and I visited Johns RV in Lexington SC. We drove two different RVs, the FR3 DS and Sunseeker 3010 DS (Class C). For me I felt more comfortable driving the Class C.

The Class C seemed to use the available engine power better and felt more maneuverable.

Now time to find the best price.

Prior Campers
1996 Coleman Sun Valley (1995 - 2002)
2017 Forester 3011 DS (2016 - Present)
SharpPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 02:01 PM   #24
Sunseeker 3010DS

If you are looking for a bargain, Consider a well maintained rental unit from a reputable dealer. I purchased 1 model year old 3010DS with 18,000 miles for the very low 50's out the door with the remainder of the warranty. except or a small 3" scratch in the fiberglass near the rear bumper you would never know it was ever used. All the maintenance records were intact and I have had no issues except the minor repairs that would have needed to be done at some point even with a new unit. Very roomy, easy to drive and a great bargain! As many have said the key is to purchase what ever you decide on from a reputable dealer near where you live!
slamac is offline   Reply With Quote