Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2023, 10:06 PM   #1

Lost of Power in 2104 Forest River SunSeeker 2850 LS

I was working in the RV the other day (at our storage location) and it was warm so I turned on my Onan 4000 Generator. It started like always with no problem. Once on, I turned on the A/C to cool things off. A/C came on fine. I was working on the TV cable, rewiring the cable so the TV was on. And of course the microwave comes on as normal but no used. About 5 minutes into it I lost all power but the generator stayed on. I checked all breakers, nothing tripped so I went out and checked the breaker which wasn't tripped. I turned off the generator. Moved the breaker on the generator from on to off and back on. Went inside and rechecked all the breakers, turned off and turned back on. They seem stiff. Even checked the fuses since I was in the fuse box. All were good. I went out and checked the plug, pulled it out, checked the prongs, all good and plugged back in the receptacle. I even turned off the battery disconnect and turned back on. I know I have power from that as I can use some lights. Turned the generator back on and nothing. So not sure what to check next. I've had some tell me to check the spade connector breaker...replace the breaker on generator as it could be bad...someone mentioned the transfer switch...which I'm not sure where it is located. Other suggestions appreciated and where the transfer switch may be located. We recently acquired this Rig (What they call a mini RV) and it didn't come with any manuals so I've been trying to find everything online. Trying to find the fix as I live in Key West and RV mechanics are not very available in our area as they would be on the mainland. Thanks all in advance.
BWFKWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 08:23 AM   #2

I assume your model year is 2014, not 2104.

I’m not familiar with your floor plan. You may need to hunt down the transfer switch yourself. I’d suggest looking in the same areas as the shore power input and converter/power distribution panel. I would hope the builder minimized wire use and power loss by keeping it all centralized. Look in storage bins and cabinets, behind drawers and service access panels.

The transfer switch is a problem area due mainly to loose wire connections at terminals.
Old 05-15-2023, 08:39 AM   #3

Have you checked generator output with a volt meter? The best would be to make meter checks for voltage. Could be, like mentioned, loose connection somewhere or transfer switch or a breaker.

I’m not sure about onan but my portable generator had the capacitor go bad in the exciter circuit and it no longer produced power. Replaced and it was all good again.
Old 05-15-2023, 09:05 AM   #4
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Welcome to the forum, I see it is your 1st post!

There have been several discussions about the transfer switch melting/burning here in the Forrester/Sunseeker forum.

Here is one from just a few days ago...
No 110 volt at all

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 02:23 PM   #5
2012 Solera

On my 2012 Solera, the transfer switch is behind the rear panel of the large “basement” right rear external storage compartment.
Different model - not sure if at all applicable to yours.
JLeising is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
210, forest river, power, sunseeker