Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2020, 05:27 AM   #1

Main kitchen faucet

I have a 2020 Sunseeker 2400b, with a kitchen faucet that has the raised arm that is loss. I have checked under the faucet and tried to tighten any nuts from underneath to no results. On the back of the faucet there is a small plastic nub that looks like there might be a set screw to tighten. Has anyone had any experience with this? Hate to mess it up with it being so new and I am 5 hrs from a dealership.
Michaeltking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 07:36 AM   #2

By raised arm are you talking about the water spot? if so the is a ring at the base of the spout. Just tighten it.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 10:55 AM   #3

This is interesting. I have a 2020 Sunseeker, but it is an early build 2020 and it has the interior found on the 2019. My kitchen sink has a single handle faucet with a flexible arc nozzle like you have, but it is mounted very solidly. The reason I chimed in is that I was at a dealer looking at some of the later builds of 2020 Sunseekers, and I noticed they had gone to a slightly different faucet model that seemed loose and “cheap” by comparison. So what I am suggesting, based on my observation, is that the faucet you have may be loose by design. I’m not sure what the fix would be, but it might be the nature of that model faucet vs what was previously used on Sunseekers, or Forest River is not installing them properly.

Let us know what you find out.
Old 03-04-2020, 11:43 AM   #4

The fix is to take it out and replace it with the kitchen faucet of your liking. You can use most standard faucets found at any hardware store.
First thing we do with a new RV is replace all the faucets. Then we start upgrading the drawer and cabinet catches
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 01:53 PM   #5

Almost every thing on your rv has a similar use in your home, one of your previous answers said they replace all their faucets with ones from one of the big box stores. I have done that with previous RVs when their cheap parts failed or when I didn't winterize correctly.

If you are comfortable doing work like that in your home then you can easily do it in your RV.

For a different suggestion do what a friend of mine did on his sail boat. He wanted to replace the faucets in the head and kitchen sinks. His boat was too large to trailer the hundred miles to his selling dealer (100 mi and the boat is 36" long). So he called the same plumber that has done work in his house and had the job done the next day at a reasonable price.
The plumber was happy to get something different to work on and even joked that he might change the sign on his truck to " AND BOATS "
Hailey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faucet