Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2018, 03:13 PM   #1

Manually slide out the above the floor side out on a 2013 3170 sunseekerout

How do you manually slide out a above floor slide out on a 2013 sunseeker model 3170

it wont slide out electronically and the only way to reach the motor is to extend the side
njjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 06:17 PM   #2

If it is the couch slide, you can open the storage bay next to the generator and lookup. You should see a nut pinned to the gearbox shaft. Use a ratchet or wrench to turn. Be careful, it should turn easily. Turning the wrong way could strip the nylon gears in the gearbox.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 06:22 PM   #3

what TYPE or BRAND of slide mechanism is it - Schwintek?
Does it have rails on both ends of the slide?

I can't imagine a system that would have the electronic controller or motor inaccessible with the slide in... but....
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 06:44 PM   #4

Manually slide out the above the floor side out on a 2013 3170 sunseekerout

If it is a Schwintek, bedroom and bunk slide, there is a controller located in the water filter bay. Look up. There is an override procedure for getting the slide in provided, the motors are OK. If you are away from home and If the slide is in, I would not extend the slide until the problem is diagnosed. May have issues getting it back in.
Look at Lippert's web site for information. They have videos on this slide that may help.
Old 10-14-2018, 08:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrette View Post
If it is the couch slide, you can open the storage bay next to the generator and lookup. You should see a nut pinned to the gearbox shaft. Use a ratchet or wrench to turn. Be careful, it should turn easily. Turning the wrong way could strip the nylon gears in the gearbox.
I have turned that nut both ways and the side does not move.

Do I have to push up the nut? Is the sum kind of a lock? Is there anything I need to do to allow the nut to engage?
Old 10-15-2018, 08:15 AM   #6

I do not think there is a push or pull.
On the couch slide, you will still not be able to access the motor. The only access to the motor is from underneath the slide. The front panel on the couch will lift, bending the rubber flap up, you can see the motor and drive mechanism. Check the driveline for any sheared roll pins.
I am convinced that to actually remove the motor and gearbox, the slide will need to be removed. I see no other way.

Sounds as if you have a stripped gear or sheared a pin inside the gearbox or driveline. It happened to mine last year. Slide sounded different and immediately brought it back in.
I took it to an RV collision repair and they disassembled the gearbox from the bottom, replace the pin and reassemble. The cost to my extended service plan was $400.00. Basically $100/hr. I asked the mechanic about it and he stated that it was not difficult. Just be careful and put it back together exactly as disassembled.
Hope this helps a bit.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:03 PM   #7

According to Forest River specs, your coach has two slides, one for the bedroom & bunks, which opens on the passenger side, and the other with the sofa and galley opening on the drivers side. Are you having problems with both slides or just one of them? Do you hear the motors start to run?

Assuming that you have internet access, Swintec has several videos on YouTube that can explain problem resolution on slides. Here is the url:
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...swintec+slides
WayneLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 06:58 PM   #8

Any updates to this situation?
ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 08:11 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Any updates to this situation?
I will bring it to the shop today ( they can fit me in). I assume after trying everything else that they will have to replace the gear from underneath

Tags
2013, 3170, floor, manual, slide, slide out, sunseeker