Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2022, 07:04 PM   #1

Media for tvs

Hello everyone! Iím a little bummed after recently discovering the connex DVD player only plays on the tv above the cab and not all the tvs. Whatís the best way to stream to all of them?

I would like to add satellite soon, would this be the best way to stream to all tvs?
Godzilla91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 08:29 PM   #2

Providing the year and model of your Forester or Sunseeker will help you get your question(s) answered more accurately. A good tip is to add that information to your signature.
Old 12-08-2022, 09:09 PM   #3

I use firesticks on all my tv's. Great as long as you have wifi
dc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 09:45 PM   #4
Certified Curmudgeon

Creative Pathway

A 2022 3270 should have coax running to all TVís from the booster. The DVD would be using a HDMI to the main TV. So my thought is that if you split the hdmi and used the new hdmi port to connect to a hdmi to coax modulator you could then tap into the antenna coax and feed the signal to all TVís.
YMMV

Welcome to Lake Wobegon where Justin and David utilize abductive reasoning to help solve F/SS issues.
Happy Trails and Remember the Pequod.
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 08:36 AM   #5
Commercial Member

great questions and comments. I know this doesn't help with current owners but we are looking at smart tv's for all products. Do you all think this something owners will use?
karykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 09:11 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by karykatz View Post
great questions and comments. I know this doesn't help with current owners but we are looking at smart tv's for all products. Do you all think this something owners will use?
For starters I think it would help if FR just ran an HDMI cable to all TVs back to a central hub, if they’re not doing so now. It would also be nice if FR hadn’t quite yet discontinued providing a DVD player in the house radio.
Old 12-10-2022, 10:03 AM   #7

One of the tv's provided in my 2022 ts2370 allows me to mirror whatever is on my phone. I can watch sling and prime video without wifi as long as I have cell service.
Works great for me.
Richard L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 10:49 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
A 2022 3270 should have coax running to all TVís from the booster. The DVD would be using a HDMI to the main TV. So my thought is that if you split the hdmi and used the new hdmi port to connect to a hdmi to coax modulator you could then tap into the antenna coax and feed the signal to all TVís.
YMMV
Yes, they all have coax to all tvs. I will give that a shot. Thanks for the help!
Godzilla91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 12:53 PM   #9

Quote:
I know I would use it. I'm currently using a Google Chromecast plugged into the HDMI port above the door, that I believe is intended for a DVD player. It works great with the over-cab TV and integrates perfectly with the sound system (though I find it annoying that the sound system defaults to the outdoor speakers). It's just a bummer that I can't use it on the bedroom TV.

Rig is a 2021 Sunseeker 2440DSF.
RockLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 03:37 PM   #10

Quote:
Changing to Smart TV's would eliminate a lot of the connectivity issues we see on the forum. Most users are already converted to streaming services at home (65% was the last industry number I saw in September of 22) so by converting to smart TV sets they can bring there subscriptions with them the to unit.
I think you would still need to have the cable and over air hook ups for locations without good internet service or cell coverage. I personally ordered my last FR unit without TV's then added my own smart TV's after delivery.
camper_Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 09:37 AM   #11

Quote:
We have a smart TV in our new rig. Wasn't sure how we'd like it, but we do use it. We set up a phone as a wifi hotspot and run the TV through that.
stephndudb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 07:18 PM   #12

Can use DVD on Main and Outside TV

On our 2020 Forester 2861 we can view the DVD on both the main TV and the outside TV through the Aux/RCA cables that were originally installed. No DVD on the bedroom TV.

It would be great to have that capability on all the TVs. I have updated my home DirecTV to streaming so I no longer have to take the Sat Dish and hook it up to the receiver and one of the TVs. I will see how this works for us on our Florida trip this winter. Because of the non-access to HDMI between the TVs I have multiple boxes for streaming with hotspot where internet is not soled.

To Kary: I think smart TVs that still are powered by DC current would be fantastic. But as previously stated still have the capability for over the air and cable. Always have to be thinking forward.
JoePa77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 09:54 AM   #13

Quote:

Iíve also added Google Chromecast to both tvís in my 2801qs, they connect through a wifi/data hub. Both tvís are 12v now I discovered I only had to purchase a 12v cord for the bedroom tv, it already had the input.
The in-dash dvd player I replaced with a new Pioneer unit and the bedroom tv has a built in dvd, but I find I rarely watch dvdís anymore, I usually load up the phones and IPads with downloads from the streaming services and then use wifi or data for Chromecast.
Tombsy is offline   Reply With Quote