Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2021, 10:11 PM   #1

micro/convection oven not working

Thought I had tested everything before my inaugural trip this weekend, but discovered I missed the oven completely.

took out the glass turntable, and the cooking stand. Took the tape off the corners of the inside glass.

when I close the door, it beeps and shows the default time for a fraction of a second.. then goes dark. Pushing buttons does nothing.

(don't have the model/brand on me, but I will add that later)
2021 Forester MBS 2401B

Any quick thoughts on what would cause this?

Have a question into my dealer's tech folks as well ( but since it was the weekend, I won't hear back for a bit).
Old 09-19-2021, 10:16 PM   #2

everything else seems to work fine. water heater gets nice and hot and quickly. Furnace worked quickly, A/C did its job. sliders good, plugs good.

I have zero clue how to work the TVs for over the air.. will figure that out.. but I had my Roku mini speaker bar in there.. and it worked like a dream (and fits the space above the connexion nicely)

Awning worked.. but the wind came up pretty strong, so pulled it in..

Drove 3 hours to the campsite, through some windy roads. I kept the turns just under the speed limit recommended, and it was nice and smooth, and my youngest who went with me.. didn't even get a touch of motion sickness.

Definitely nice to drive.
Old 09-20-2021, 12:39 AM   #3
2012 Solera

If you can find the microwave’s plug (mine is accessed through a port in the adjacent cabinet), unplug it and plug it back in to a known good outlet using a heavy duty extension cord. If it works connected that way, most likely something in the wiring or the circuit breaker or related is limiting the input power. If it still doesn’t work - likely a microwave issue.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 06:13 AM   #4

Congratulations on your new rig. We recall someone having similar issues that were determined to be a problem with the oven door switch (that determines closure to prevent cooking with door open). A quick search in the forum will hopefully find you an answer. Best wishes. Please let us know how it goes.
Old 09-21-2021, 12:52 PM   #5

Do you have an electric fireplace? If so, check for a switch that directs power to one devices or the other.
BobHanke is offline   Reply With Quote