RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 05-23-2018, 02:34 PM   #461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
Just saw the news: UFO REPORTED...

AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 05:22 PM   #462

I just replaced my noisy water pump with a SeaFlo series 42. Was a simple swap no modifications needed. The SeaFlo is whisper quiet. compared to the Shurflo I had and water pressure is better. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180511_172329.jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	173736
sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 07:20 PM   #463
Ambassador Member

Nce work. I like the accumulator in lieu of the filter as well. Good choice.
No PMs.
Duckogram is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 01:42 AM   #464

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombsy View Post
The chairs are in, they couldnt have been a better fit. I did have to remove the shelf, but then I had a brainwave, (okay the wife helped lol), that maybe it would fit next to the bed.
Turns out its a perfect fit to clear the bed slide, I trimmed it 32.
Attachment 168623
Attachment 168624
Oh my! Jealous here! Those look so comfy! Where did you get the recliners? They sure would have made our trip through Canada a lot more enjoyable. Where was the shelf located and where in the bedroom did you put it! This sight is so useful with all the suggestions and ideas of what we can do to ours.

Jodi...
Old 05-29-2018, 08:22 AM   #465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaforester View Post
Oh my! Jealous here! Those look so comfy! Where did you get the recliners? They sure would have made our trip through Canada a lot more enjoyable. Where was the shelf located and where in the bedroom did you put it! This sight is so useful with all the suggestions and ideas of what we can do to ours.

Jodi...

Thanks, they are a great improvement over the jack-knife sofa. I got them at the Calgary RV show from Woodys RV but they are a Lippert product, the same supplier Forest River uses. The shelf ran under the window and I cut it down and put it along side of the bed. See post #443.
Tombsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 12:30 PM   #466

I want to save Duckogram's pantry latch info where I can find it

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ke-161071.html

Good news, we are hopefully closing on a new house this Friday with room for all the toys at home. Sure will make the mods easier
Old 05-30-2018, 01:15 PM   #467
Ambassador Member

Quote:
I want to save Duckogram's pantry latch info where I can find it...
But its only a mod if you do it. OEM for me.
No PMs.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:14 PM   #468

Smile What is the real length of the Forester GTS 2801QS?

The factory calls this a 28 foot coach but brochure says it almost 32 feet long... nowhere does it discuss how long it is with the rear slide extended. All of this is important for me, because I have to keep my coach under 30 feet to park it at my home. If it's only 31 feet long with the bedroom slide extended, but shorter than 30 feet when the bedroom slide is in, I'm good to go.
Richard Loewenhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 07:30 AM   #469
Ambassador Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Loewenhagen View Post
The factory calls this a 28 foot coach but brochure says it almost 32 feet long... nowhere does it discuss how long it is with the rear slide extended. All of this is important for me, because I have to keep my coach under 30 feet to park it at my home. If it's only 31 feet long with the bedroom slide extended, but shorter than 30 feet when the bedroom slide is in, I'm good to go.
I responded to your new thread however the subject coach will never* be under 30.
No PMs.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:59 AM   #470

Not sure if its a mod but it will definitely lead to some ...we are moving from our Villa condo to a house nearby with room in the back for our rig. And a big heated garage for my boat and toys. That gets rid of two storage lots and a ton of hassle getting loaded for a trip or working on the rig. A ton of work packing, were moving July 9. Missing a couple fishing trips but it will be so worth it .
Old 06-13-2018, 03:28 PM   #471
Ambassador Member

Best wishes for good health and happiness in your new abode.
No PMs.
Old 07-30-2018, 11:28 AM   #472

More 2801 mods

Has anyone installed a shutoff valve for the water supply to the toilet?

There is not much room back there. I finally got the cover off and replaced it with a cover simply held down by two screws (solid wood), giving me easy access to the area behind the toilet. The top piece is stapled on the outer edge on top and screwed in from the sides. It appears as it was put together from underneath. The access to the screws on the right side are inside the cabinet (requires removing the drawer and reaching down to unscrew). The left side, possibly an angle screw from underneath. I ended up tearing the left side off.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1243.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	320.4 KB
ID:	181722
Old 07-30-2018, 02:52 PM   #473

More 2801 mods

The day night shade over the dinette does not fit well and slides down, so I put plexiglass strips along the edges. No more sloppy hanging down. I also painted the outside of the skylight white.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1247.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	181730

Name:	IMG_1248.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	181731
Space behind the toilet closed with real would and easy access

I will screw a piece of trim from the bottom, so that it will look nicer and come off with the top should I ever need to get in there. I also reinforce PDF the vertical piece, as the only thing holding it in place was the staples through the top piece.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:00 PM   #474

Well I guess Ive sorta been working on our biggest mod yet, moved out of our villa condo back to a house where we can keep all the toys at home. Our trips for the summer were put on hold but it will be so much easier to work on the rig in the future. Theres a big heated garage with room for my boat and workshop and space for an RV pad next to it.
Had to get some trees cut, stumps removed, 12 yards of grass and dirt replaced with gravel but the pad is done. Now to set the posts for a gate to replace the fence.

Name:	IMG_5550.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	722.5 KB
ID:	185946
Old 09-09-2018, 07:14 PM   #475

Quote:
Well I guess Ive sorta been working on our biggest mod yet, moved out of our villa condo back to a house where we can keep all the toys at home. Our trips for the summer were put on hold but it will be so much easier to work on the rig in the future. Theres a big heated garage with room for my boat and workshop and space for an RV pad next to it.
Had to get some trees cut, stumps removed, 12 yards of grass and dirt replaced with gravel but the pad is done. Now to set the posts for a gate to replace the fence.
Attachment 185946
To do it right, you need a 16' high pole barn on that pad!

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 08:25 PM   #476
DaLexusGuy

I had my dealer install a tall Dometic 320 with sprayer.
LeoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 08:34 PM   #477
DaLexusGuy

Regarding Shelves for the wardrobe closet: There is some silvery/tan looking metal wire shelving available at my local Home Depot (after all, white is so "yesterday"). I bought one long upright support, cut it in half and mounted them side by side (about 1 foot apart) onto the back wall on one-half of the wardrobe. Then I bought one of the matching 4' silvery/tan shelf and it cut it into three 14" sections. I also bought 6 matching shelf supports and mounted them and the shelves onto the supports. Total cost of the project was about $80. DW was extremely impressed (no small feat, that) and said it looks "factory" which I took as an insult at first because I did not install them crooked like they would have. I came to realize that she meant well and I have since forgiven her.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:45 PM   #478
DaLexusGuy

AbdRahim,

Now that you custom-made your water line access panel behind the toilet, you need to remove that fancy ole' cover and use some expanding spray foam to fill the 2" x 2" hole that is open to the tank drain compartment below. The mice will probably be REALLY bummed out, but you will be glad you did it.
Old 09-10-2018, 06:12 PM   #479

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoS View Post
AbdRahim,

Now that you custom-made your water line access panel behind the toilet, you need to remove that fancy ole' cover and use some expanding spray foam to fill the 2" x 2" hole that is open to the tank drain compartment below. The mice will probably be REALLY bummed out, but you will be glad you did it.

Thanks, Leo. I noticed that space. I was wondering why I was feeling air conditioning in the dump valve compartment.Some air flow with heat might be helpful during the colder months. Hopefully no mice will get in. During the summer with air conditioning and ventilation it is tough to keep the peppermint oil and Fresh Cab scents strong, but when it is closed up for the winter, the set scents are potent to humans much less mice. Hopefully that and sealing all access from outside, along with mothballs underneath the unit will keep them out. I even hang some in the engine, propane, and generator compartments.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:02 PM   #480

Anyone have water entering the basement compartments. I had water coming in through the lock and thumb locks and dripping past the gasket. These are new gaskets installed by FR. I silicones around the locks on the door I saw leaking and tested it with a hose. The slide has been out for days and of course it has been raining for days. Today I found water in the long front driver side compartment again and in the fw compartment. Can't figure out how it is getting in. The seal against the gasket feels tight.

Tags
280, forester, modifications