Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2021, 05:55 PM   #1

My Forester 3011DS comes put of hibernation tomorrow

Tomorrow I take my 3011ds out of her 6 month sleeping spot. Actually she is parked under her rv port next to my garage. I keep her plugged in year round. Run everything once a month and check the water level in the battery regularly. Next friday we head south from CT to Myrtle Beach State Park for a week. Let the season begin and Let's Go Mets!. Have a great camping season all.
Old 04-02-2021, 06:26 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

Lucky you. Our season is still over a month away.

However.....ours has stretched it’s mechanical legs, and everything in that aspect works fine.
Sounds like you’ve done your due diligence, however, my suggestion would be to drive it around this week as your daily driver to make sure all “vehicle-wise” is ready. The idea of myself coming out of a 6 month hibernation, and being asked to run a marathon to Myrtle Beach, scares me to death.

Just sayin’.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:35 PM   #3

The covers coming off this weekend, getting ready for BC fishing at the end of the month. I’m sure we’ll get more snow before then but I can put the batteries back in and start loading up.
Tombsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 09:11 AM   #4

We headed south from Detroit on Thursday with the pink stuff still in the plumbing. We stopped overnight in Georgetown KY and I flushed the pink out and bleached the water lines and tank. Then, because it was going to do the mid-20s that night, I blew out the water lines with an air compressor.

Kind of a major PITA but so worth it to be in Tennessee on a waterfront site for the next week.
mbutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 09:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campincarters View Post
Tomorrow I take my 3011ds out of her 6 month sleeping spot. Actually she is parked under her rv port next to my garage. I keep her plugged in year round. Run everything once a month and check the water level in the battery regularly. Next friday we head south from CT to Myrtle Beach State Park for a week. Let the season begin and Let's Go Mets!. Have a great camping season all.

Happy day! We got our Sunseeker out of underground storage this past Thursday. When I put it away last November it was spotless and wouldn’t you know when we picked it up it was snowing and the roads were wet and filthy on the way home. O well a wash job this week and then heading south to Virginia for our first trip of the year soon.
JWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 04:02 PM   #6

It was beautiful all week until today we get a snowstorm when I had the sons coming to help with the cover lol. It will probably be melted by tomorrow but I’ll have to make sure it’s totally dry. (Again)
But the turkey is on the bbq [emoji3].
Tombsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester