Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2017, 07:03 PM   #21

When we picked our forrester up 13 months ago, the myrv did not work right. Our phone app worked but not the wall unit.

When we got back home (Michigan to Washington state) forest river got in contact with lippert and they quickly got a new one shipped out to us and a local rev dealer got it installed- no issues with the myrv panel since. (About 1 year)
Old 10-10-2017, 09:11 PM   #22

Wow thanks for sharing your experience-- and such a positive experience -- glad the trip went well and the ease of getting a replacement panel!
BingDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 02:11 AM   #23

Hello Folks,
Just bought a new 2018 Forest River, Forester 3051 and very happy with it, of course I just brought it home and will test her out net week I hope.

Anyway, I finally found out how to download the My RV app and it comes up fine on my iPhone 7 (using the latest update) so my question is: how do I find my RV wifi??

I'm trying to sinc my phone with the wall unit...Help please!!

Thanks, Jake
James Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:05 AM   #24

With mine you have to be inside the rv for it to work. And it works off Bluetooth, not wifi.
Rdeejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:28 AM   #25
Road Trippin

Mine works off WiFi but it's a signal only sent from the RV. I had to locate the RV router which was behind my bedroom TV. There was a sticker on it with a password.

I then got on my phone and went to the search for WiFi area until I saw it. When I clicked on it, it asked for the password. Typed it in and I was connected. The app worked fine after that.
pismolocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 07:51 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Jake View Post
Hello Folks,
Just bought a new 2018 Forest River, Forester 3051 and very happy with it, of course I just brought it home and will test her out net week I hope.

Anyway, I finally found out how to download the My RV app and it comes up fine on my iPhone 7 (using the latest update) so my question is: how do I find my RV wifi??

Thanks, Jake
Jake,
Take a look at this thread follow post 93 then 92 on page 10.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ns-120666.html

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk toad
2017.5 Forester 3051S Traded 7/2020
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:02 AM   #27

Password for MyRV.

Our password for the Myrv app was located in the kitchen area in the cabinet above the sink on the back wall. I did read it could be located where bedroom tv also. Just looking for a sticker with the password! Good luck. We are really enjoying our motorhome-- happy travels my friend!
BingDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:27 PM   #28

Thanks everyone, I’ll check the coach and see what I can find.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:20 PM   #29

Quote:
Jake,
Take a look at this thread follow post 93 then 92 on page 10.
Thanks Steve. Heres what happens to me, on my cell when I get to the screen that says CHOOSE YOUR SYSTEM: I choose myRV, and then I get the wifi not available screen and then of course nothing happens.

I located the SSID and PASSWORD info in the cabinet but whats next, argggg!
Old 12-03-2017, 02:46 PM   #30

Did you go into the phones setup and select the RV's WIFI network. You must be connected to the RV's WIFI not a internet connected WIFI.

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
Old 12-03-2017, 02:49 PM   #31

To follow up on my post after rereading yours. You will always get "internet not avail" or similar as the RV's WIFI is not connected to the outside world. Just ignore that and proceed with opening up the MyRV app and setting it up.

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
Old 12-03-2017, 04:17 PM   #32

I am connected to the RV wifi now and when I go to the RV app I then enter my Pin # and then I get RV app screen which is blank and by that I mean its the grayish screen with the word "OneControl" on top but nothing else...
Old 12-03-2017, 04:29 PM   #33

Btw, when I'm in my coach I do select the RV wifi however when I go to my 'Settings' to make sure I am on that one it is selected BUT it says in a light orange text, 'no internet connection" for what thats worth...
Old 12-03-2017, 04:56 PM   #34

The only time I see the blank screen is when my coach system is powered off. Try to reboot the coach MyRV system by cycling off the battery disconnect for 30 seconds, then try reconnecting.
The no internet message is normal as the coach WIFI does not have a connection to the public internet.
What version of the software does your coach have. It will be on the lower right of the main screen. This is on the wall mounted display.

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
Old 12-03-2017, 05:55 PM   #35

My version = 2.3.4486

Here are my steps:
1) Go to my phone settings app and under wifi I then select my RV wifi numbers

2) Then I get out of my settings app and go to my "OneControl" app then I click on it
and the page that comes up is the "Enter Saved Pin" page and then I enter my 4
4 pin number and then I come to the next screen which is blank

What am I doing wrong? LOL, I am normally very good at this kind of stuff but this has me bamboozled, LOL
Old 12-03-2017, 08:03 PM   #36

James,
Looks like your doing everthing correct. Instead of the blank screen you should see the same screen as you do on the coach wall controls.
Did you try a reboot?

One thing to check would be the CAN bus cables that go to the WIFI hub and interface have not loosened up. As the hub/interface is at the end of the CAN bus theoretically it could be disconnected and the rest of the system would work. CAN bus is a daisy chain network rather than hub and spoke. The hub has power or you would not have seen it’s SSID or been able to connect.

You will find the hub/interface (looks like 2 stacked boxes with a antenna) mounted behind the house radio. The CAN bus cables are thin 2 pin shielded gray cables. There should be 2 seperate cables or 1 cable and a terminator block (connector with small resistor) on each module.
You will have the following modules. These are listed in the sequence that the can bus should be connected with a terminator at each end.
Hub/interface - behind house radio
Generator Genie - behind panel in stairwell
Tank Monitor - behind panel in stairwell
5 function receiver - behind panel in stairwell
Main touch pad - entryway
Bedroom touch pad - bedroom

Of course evey unit seems to be built slightly different so YMMV!

Keep in mind the screws holding the radio, access panels and most other things in RV’s are not phillips but robertson (also known as square drive) #2.

Hang in there this bump in the road will get resolved. We been very happy with our coach this first season. We spent 95 nights and 9500 miles in it. Only a few minor issues that I needed to resolve, none show stoppers.

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
Old 12-04-2017, 12:52 AM   #37

Thanks Steve for your help I did do a reboot but still nada I'll check out the cables tomorrow as I just got back from my league (bowling nerd here) so we'll see what happens!

Jake
Old 12-04-2017, 11:38 AM   #38
Retired and Loving Life!

Send a message via MSN to Alan F
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Jake View Post
Hello Folks,

Thanks, Jake

The RVWifi should show up in your list of available WiFi signals on your phone.
Alan F is offline   Reply With Quote