Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2017, 11:47 PM   #1

MyRV Lippert

Do you always have to enter the four digit passcode before you can turn on a darn light?

Also do you always have to take yourself off of your Wi-Fi to put on my RV Wi-Fi just to turn on a darn light?

I love technology but having to go into the RV waking up the tablet to turn on the light grab what I need turn off the light and go back outside I could've ran a marathon [emoji16]. Not cool!
Kchamp40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 12:25 AM   #2

MyRV Lippert

There are several lights in the living area that are not on the control panel but are controlled by buttons built into the lights. One is over the entrance door and 3 run under the kitchen cabinets.
Paw Paw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 01:20 AM   #3

I have to put in the code when I run it from my iPhone but not the wall panel unit I just press a button to wake it up and navigate to the lights, I do like the door auto light that's nice and the push bottom lights spread about

2018 Forester 3011DS
2011 Rockwood 8285WS (The Mobile Cabin) traded
2004 F350 SuperCab 6.0TD DRW (Mr. Duals) sold
kijak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 04:25 AM   #4

Glad I don't have one of these. Everyone that has one seems to have some issue or the other. What I have works great, no clue why they changed. I predict this is a fad that will fade. Course.......I also said Facebook was a passing fancy....

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 05:58 AM   #5

Mine only controls the leveling system and that's overkill. I like switches they just work.
K4DCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 07:58 AM   #6

I don't know, I embrace technology, I'm in my Mid 50's but enjoy this kind of stuff, when I found out I could control all that stuff from my phone, I got kinda excited about it. I can see the other standpoints though Simplicity shouldn't allways be improved upon.

2018 Forester 3011DS
Old 08-21-2017, 02:57 PM   #7

No codes for the two inside panels for us ( yes on the cell phones ).

Under kitchen cabinet lights, above recliners, above bed, bath room, all work with switches.
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 03:33 PM   #8

You have me laughing because I keep saying that too!!!!!! Sometimes you just want to turn on a light without having it take 3 minutes!!!!
Dog Show Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Show Gal View Post
You have me laughing because I keep saying that too!!!!!! Sometimes you just want to turn on a light without having it take 3 minutes!!!!

Are you saying that you HAVE to use a smart phone to control systems in a new Dynamax?
dlfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfishing View Post
Are you saying that you HAVE to use a smart phone to control systems in a new Dynamax?
Only if you have the OneControl panel in there. I use the phone because they have the panel kind of high in my Forrester and I have to stand on tippy toes.
Dog Show Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:51 AM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfishing View Post
There was a discussion in the motorhome section a while back and according to that thread, some models are not going to have physical switches for most functions at all anymore.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:14 PM   #12

We have it on our 2017 Forester and although I have been in technology sales/support/administration for decades, I'm not a fan.

Both panels have failed (we have a warranty visit scheduled after our season is over) and luckily, the phone app works, but it's clunky & slow.

I'd like to browse the Internet or check on email on my phone. Why isn't it working? Oh, yeah! I have to disconnect from the MH's wifi network first.

I need to start the generator. Hmm, the app won't work. Oh, yeah! I have to turn on the phone's wifi, connect to the MH's wifi network, enter the PIN, and wait a few more seconds for it to connect.

This system could be better with:
  1. Using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) instead of wifi to connect to your phone or tablet. Plenty of range and no interference with your device's Internet access
  2. Having the RV's router connect to campground's wifi with an external antenna so you'd have a nice, strong wifi signal in the camper
Lippert may figure out how to make this better in time, but I'm looking for a way to replace it with something that works consistently.
mbutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 03:11 PM   #13

Be sure not to update your iPhone to 11.0, as the LCI app OneControl will fail to load and iPhone control of your lights and devices will stop. LCI is working on an update.
Psadave46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 01:44 PM   #14

Has anyone ever had any mechanical issues with "My RV"

We are looking at purchasing a coach with the "My RV" system and I have noticed comments that consumers are not happy with having to use tablet to turn on lights but has anyone ever had an issue where the tablet did not work or function -- like for instance to bring the awning in or a slide out or turn on the water pump or just to power up the tablet to be able to use it to do any of the task needed - it appears that no one has and just mainly seemed to be disappointed in the light scenario?
BingDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:35 PM   #15

No, I have not had any issues, it is working on my phone again, so it's just a matter of getting used to doing something in a new way. Even though the old way wasn't broke.

2018 Forester 3011DS
Old 10-08-2017, 08:50 PM   #16

Awesome. Thanks for update on your experience! We are wanting to purchase a forest river 2401r and sure wish it had the manual switches -- I like tech kinda stuff as long as it works! Lol. I think it is gonna be alright most negative feedback that I have been reading about is not about it failing but about not what they are used to and inconvenience of using a different system -- again thanks for positive feedback ! Appreciate ya!
Old 10-09-2017, 08:44 AM   #17

Lippert has issue when moving slides or awning.

1. I noticed that after my wife had moved the awning with inside pad... the awning had rolled out and started rolling in, but with the roll on top instead of under the material. It hadn’t stopped when rolled all the way out.

2. Also, on both inside pads, any command for movement, (in or out) is flaky. It will move for about 2 seconds and stops. Raise finger and press again and you get another 2 seconds of movement. This appears to be an issue for Lippert pads. (Works fine when using iPhone).
Psadave46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:00 AM   #18

Oh my thank you for awesome feedback. Sure seems like iPhone or iPad is clearly the way to go and with us having two iPads and two iPhones we should have at least one of them connected to the coaches wifi! Thanks again for amazing feedback! Appreciate you guys!
Old 10-09-2017, 10:15 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psadave46 View Post
1. I noticed that after my wife had moved the awning with inside pad... the awning had rolled out and started rolling in, but with the roll on top instead of under the material. It hadn’t stopped when rolled all the way out.
I had read on the forums here about another person having this issue so we have always watched as we extended the awning and made sure we stopped extending it when the little flap/trim piece on the leading edge of the awning came unrolled.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:36 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayleysMom View Post
I had read on the forums here about another person having this issue so we have always watched as we extended the awning and made sure we stopped extending it when the little flap/trim piece on the leading edge of the awning came unrolled.

Can you get a new Dynamax without the Wi-Fi Controal? I’m quite happy with wall switches although I like remote control for my house , I don’t need it for my motorhome
dlfishing is offline   Reply With Quote