Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2014, 08:14 PM   #1

Smile need a little help with a Magnadyne model M-4

Hello All,
I'm new to the RV world and I got a Sunseeker 32 ft class C. It has a Magnadyne GPS and I cannot change the GPS time. Has anyone else run into this? I can change the time but when you go to navigation it is still west coast time. This is the time shown in the lower left of the screen.
By the way we've been on 3 small trips so far and love it. We pull a 2013 CMax and there were a lot of issues that had to be worked out to tow this car. But now all is good . Thanks to all that can help
sunseekerlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 03:20 PM   #2
Puzzlme

We drove from Alberta, down through the US to the east coast, then up into New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and back again. Had to change the time frequently lol. I haven't seen mine since Sept. but I seem to recall that you have to go into the settings menu on the device, not the GPS and change it there.

https://rhodaventure.com/

2013 Sunseeker 3010DS
2014 - 15,000 Kilometers (9360 Miles) Alberta through the US to E. coast, up into Atlantic Canada, Newfoundland and back.
2015 - 2 great trips so far. Alberta to Oregon coast, Alberta to Shushwap in BC.
Puzzlme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 05:02 PM   #3
Love My Sunseeker

Yes, you have to do that. It's a pain.

Also, you will run into situations where it will "go crazy" and you have to "reset" it. There is a tiny hole, you get a fountain pen, and stick it in the hole, and it will "reset." However, when it "resets" it goes to 12:00. Don't worry, it will work itself back to the time you had.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 05:44 PM   #4

After fiddling with this thing for some time on several trips and losing my settings after having to use the reset to power off multiple times, I just use my trusty garmin stuck to the windshield. And I can actually read the garmin with my sunshades on. Just say'in.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 08:21 PM   #5
Puzzlme

I also relied on Garmin. The Magnadyne crashed too often to be relied on in urgent situations......like getting through Chicago. I ran both at the same time. Made it through without a hitch.

https://rhodaventure.com/

2013 Sunseeker 3010DS
2014 - 15,000 Kilometers (9360 Miles) Alberta through the US to E. coast, up into Atlantic Canada, Newfoundland and back.
2015 - 2 great trips so far. Alberta to Oregon coast, Alberta to Shushwap in BC.
Puzzlme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 10:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrette View Post
After fiddling with this thing for some time on several trips and losing my settings after having to use the reset to power off multiple times, I just use my trusty garmin stuck to the windshield. And I can actually read the garmin with my sunshades on. Just say'in.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

For those still using the Magnadyne--when you turn off the unit, push the power button briefly to leave the GPS display and return to audio source (whatever you have on). Then press and hold the power button for 4 seconds to power down.

If you try to power down on the GPS screen it will usually lock up and require a reset. Since I figured this out, I have not had to reset to power down. I'm sure what I have discovered is a "work-around" for a bug and not the way it was suppose to work.

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
Old 02-03-2015, 08:43 PM   #7

I am with you. I do not care for the one installed bought a Garmin RV and love it!
Terrie is offline   Reply With Quote