Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2016, 12:28 PM   #21

just ordered one, no paint option (I like white with the skirt paint) with the pref. package + sideview cameras + cargo net for 70 900 in Ft Myers, Fl
Loefflerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 12:07 PM   #22

Looking in florida

I am looking for a 2401w. Can't even find one in Florida. If you could send me a note on who you are dealing with I would appreciate it.
Beachsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 01:48 PM   #23

Florida SunSeeker

I dealt with a dealer way up north in Canada where I live. It would be a long way for you to go to buy a SunSeeker.

However, my dealer is:
Prairie Sky RV
Coaldale Alberta Canada
1-403-345-7791
MapleDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 02:12 PM   #24
Wait till next year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachsailor View Post
I am looking for a 2401w. Can't even find one in Florida. If you could send me a note on who you are dealing with I would appreciate it.
Check RVT.com and RVTrader.com . Half dozen between Panama City, Fort Myers and St. Augustine
2023 Geo Pro FD19 "Almost there"
2022 Race Car Red HR Long Ford Transit 250 "The Iwish Roamer"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 02:34 PM   #25
Citrus County, Fl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachsailor View Post
I don't know where you live in Florida but RV Connections in Panama Beach has a 16 2401W listed for $77,900. There as a salesman who I was dealing with when we shopped named Ben who seemed very knowledgeable.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 03:39 PM   #26

Beach Sailor

Just checked the Internet and there is another 2401w at Palm RV in Fort Myers.
MapleDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 09:21 AM   #27

We bought a new MBS2401W in Florida in January for 87k. Seems like we could have gotten a better deal, but such is life. It works fine and we have done about 4K miles now. However, we have been hearing a noise from under the chassis, like a hard snap when turning on uneven surface. The dealer unsuccessfully tried to fix it and Mercedes said it is related to the swaybar. Forest River customer service is totally unresponsive to my calls. Has anyone encountered this type of issue? Do you have suggestions on how to get attention from FR customer service?
HansSchulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 09:31 AM   #28

If it is a chassis issue it's a Mercedes issue not a Forest River issue. Mercedes built and warrants the truck platform. I would certainly expect the swaybar to be a Mercedes issue.

FR built a "house" on top of it and they warrant that part.

Regardless FR will expect you to deal with a Forest River Dealer/Service facility or a Mercedes Dealer/Service facility.

You probably wouldn't call GM in Detroit if your Chevy had a problem - it's the same kind of thing. About the only time FR gets directly involved is when problems go on and on and the dealer is unable to remedy.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:53 AM   #29

Thanks for your response. So here is the more detailed sequence: The dealer sent me to Mercedes. Mercedes said they are not responsible because of all the modifications that FR made to the chassis and sent me back to the dealer. The dealer then consulted with FR, was told them to tighten the bolts of the swaybar. They did and returned the car to us, stating the issue had been resolved. The noise did not immediately come back. Only a few weeks later and we are now far away from the dealership who has advised me to contact FR directly. Since they don't respond, I am insisting with the dealer but they are giving me the runabout.
Old 07-17-2016, 10:08 AM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansSchulz View Post
Thanks for your response. So here is the more detailed sequence: The dealer sent me to Mercedes. Mercedes said they are not responsible because of all the modifications that FR made to the chassis and sent me back to the dealer. The dealer then consulted with FR, was told them to tighten the bolts of the swaybar. They did and returned the car to us, stating the issue had been resolved. The noise did not immediately come back. Only a few weeks later and we are now far away from the dealership who has advised me to contact FR directly. Since they don't respond, I am insisting with the dealer but they are giving me the runabout.
It is a FR issue...they added the Hellwig rear sway bar, not M-B. My local M-B dealer made it very clear that if the chassis didn't leave the M-B plant with it installed it wasn't their issue...

Our 2016 "W" made a nasty cracking sound as well on turns where the road elevation changed. I tightened the sway bar bolts which helped but did not totally eliminate the issue. Do a Search on "Hellwig rear sway bar" in the Solera and Mercedes Benz Sprinter Chassis sub forums for more posts on what folks have done to help address the issue.
Old 07-17-2016, 10:37 AM   #31

Thanks for that helpful suggestion. It sounds like exactly the same issue. Did you ultimately resolve it?
Old 07-17-2016, 11:42 AM   #32

Thanks for the details. You're certainly getting the run around. Best of luck getting FR to respond. Perhaps one of the two FR Reps in this forum will contact you. Sure hope so.
Old 07-17-2016, 04:33 PM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansSchulz View Post
Thanks for that helpful suggestion. It sounds like exactly the same issue. Did you ultimately resolve it?
Yep..sure did, but not in a way that will help you out. I traded in the MBS for our GTS as shown in my Signature... Our MBS chassis just had too many issues and spent waaaay too much time in the M-B shop with DEF issues.

Tags
sunseeker