Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2018, 12:08 AM   #1

New 2018 Forester 2421MSF and satellite install

First we want to introduce ourselves now that we are officially Forester owners as of a week ago. We are excited about using our new motorhome, but first I need to do some modifications to the suspension. Adjust Tire pressure and Air bags, new safe-t-plus steering stabilizer, front and rear hellwig sway bars and alignment. The 10 hour drive home from the dealership was a nail-biter to say the least. In fact a driver w/boat tried to pass on the right between us and the k-rail and hit our passenger side mirror with his boat guides. He nearly lost control of his boat but thankfully he recovered and our mirror survived.

I am installing the Winegard G2 on the roof. Anything I should know about mounting the satellite and accessing the coax on the roof? ThanksClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0654.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	417.9 KB
ID:	168084Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0652.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	442.2 KB
ID:	168085
Golden Doodle
Chocolate Lab
firemech2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:49 AM   #2

I have the sister rig to yours - I'm putting the sway bars on this Saturday. My rig is scheduled for a alignment after my first weekend camping trip in May. I'm hoping between all that and the tire pressures I can get her to behave. Though I didn't find my ride a nailbiter by any means ....
Old 04-13-2018, 01:25 PM   #3

I wouldn’t say it was stressful the whole trip. But we did have to deal with some gusts and semis pushing us over. And The construction areas in Cali with the k-rails was a little stressful. It was a chore to keep it straight. But Also there were long stretches where driving was a breeze. Thanks for the reply and looking forward to hearing an update on your suspension mods.
Golden Doodle
Chocolate Lab
firemech2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester, lite, satellite