Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2019, 05:27 PM   #1

Thanks to Mr Dan for your help.

New owner of 2018 FR 3011 DS. Issues so far. What are the metal V grooves that come off the number called. My dealer and service at FR doesn't know. When I drive into my home these v notches come in contact with the asphalt. My salesman says get skid wheels installed ..his boss says that will void the warranty. This service manager tells me yes and the worker bee says no. Mixed messages from Campers Inn.

Next question. Any compost toilet people out there? Pro and cons?

And final question for day. Generator vs portable solar. I think one only gives just enough juice to RV. While generator is big power? Best ones in your experiences?Thank you.

Bill
tanmaninspain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 10:54 PM   #2

They are skids to prevent damage underneath. If you have rear air bags pump them up some more to raisbthe rear some. I run 70 to 90 lbs in mine for that reason.
Old 07-29-2019, 11:20 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmaninspain View Post

And final question for day. Generator vs portable solar. I think one only gives just enough juice to RV. While generator is big power? Best ones in your experiences?Thank you.

Bill
First, solar ONLY recharges the batteries. Nothing runs directly off the solar. So unless you have a huge bank of batteries, you can't run the a/c and the microwave for a short spurt.
An inverter generator can run everything, if properly sized.
Not sure what you mean by "While generator is big power"?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 02:46 PM   #4

What A32 said...put some more air in the bags. Since you said it’s a new unit I’m betting the skids dragged on your first trip home. I’m also betting the dealer didn’t service them and they have zero pressure (my dealer didn’t know there were airbags as standard equipment).

My towbar drags a little leaving the driveway so I pump the bags up to 95 psi. As soon as I get moving I drop them back to 65 psi, which seems to provide the best ride and handling.

I installed the Airlift Wireless One system so pressure can be changed while driving.
Old 07-31-2019, 06:02 PM   #5

Thank you!
tanmaninspain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester