Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2020, 07:47 PM   #1

Smile new NY Looking for some help

Hello! New soon to be retired from Long Island NY looking to go full time rving living the dream.
What I would appreciate is some any insight on buying a Forester/Sunseeker 2850/2851/2860. The inventory is extremely limited within 200 miles of me and welcome any input.
Thank you for time
Barr
bart149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 11:47 AM   #2

We have a 2016 Forester 2861, which we bought new, and love it. Have not had any major issues with it. Only a few minor issues which I am able to fix myself which comes with owning an RV. The size is perfect for the two of us and still have room if a couple of the kids (grown adults) decide to join us but can get a bit "cozy" with 4 or 5 of us in there.

One of our requirements was the dinette on the passenger side so we can look out on our campsite (instead of our utilities or someone else's campsite) while sitting at the dinette. We also go the the beach a lot in which the ocean and sunsets are on the passenger side and can enjoy them while sitting/eating at the dinette.

The walk around queen in the back we also like even though it is a short queen. I am 6-1 and my feet hang over the end slightly but have learned to live with it. The bed is also still fully functional when the slide is in which is a plus.

The outdoor kitchen is nice. The refrigerator is 110v only and does not operate on propane like the inside fridge so you must be plugged in for it to work. We dry camp a lot so I installed solar panels on the roof and a nice size inverter to run the outside fridge during the day. Turned off at night to save batteries but things still stay cold. Mostly used for adult beverages rather than food.

One drawback is small kitchen counter space. With the 2 of us, there usually is no problem, but if we have more people and need to cook a bigger meal it does require moving things around while cooking to make it work, but for us no big deal.

Storage inside is sufficient and more than enough for the 2 of us. Outside storage is somewhat limited with no real large opening bins, but again we are able to make it work for us with what we bring. Full time RVing might be a different story though.

Good luck with your new purchase whatever it may be. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.
HopHed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 03:07 PM   #3

Thank you for your time and info
bart149 is offline   Reply With Quote