Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2015, 04:17 PM   #1

New Sunsseker 3010DS Flooring tear

We just took our first trip in our new sunseeker and really enjoyed the new unit. We just moved up from a Solera 24R. When we got home and started cleaning the unit, I spilled a drink on the floor. When we got down and started cleaning up the mess, we noticed silicone on the floor and it was starting to come loose. We had assumed some had fallen on the floor, but when we gave a little tug, we realized it was a repair. We took our unit to Camping World(not the dealer we brought from) today to have some warranty items addressed. When I showed the Service Manager the floor, he said this should have been fixed to a higher standard. He said if the dealer did not document the repair, Forest River may balk at covering it under warranty.
I called the dealer, and they said they did repair the floor. It's amazing this was not disclosed at the time of purchase. My question is do we try and fix the tear (couple of inches in middle of kitchen) or press to replace the entire floor? I would like to have a complete floor with my new unit, but if they replace the floor, they will cut along the front of the cabinets, oven, refer, and step up. This will create a seam about 10' in running length, not to mention taking out the long slide to reach the other side of the coach. Submitting claim to Forest River as we speak and do not know what they will say. Any Thoughts?
Trail blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 04:39 PM   #2

Here is my two thoughts on this, have the dealer bring in a professional flooring installer who can make a invisible seam repair or have them completely remove everything from your unit and put new floor down . You didn't tear it they did!
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 05:37 PM   #3
Commercial Member

You'll want the floor professionally repaired, not replaced. The Beauflor is easily repaired and you would never notice had it been done right.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 06:25 PM   #4

I was hoping you would respond Mr. Clemens. Thank you both for your input.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:15 AM   #5

I assume FR will approve the repair. But lets say I have an issue with the repair in a couple of years, will FR warranty the repair since it is an ongoing situation?
Old 02-17-2015, 11:16 AM   #6
Commercial Member

If its noted in the file.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 12:25 PM   #7

I will make sure of that. Thank you
Old 02-26-2015, 11:29 PM   #8

Our 301DS had the exact flooring issue. FR would not replace the floor. The dealer cut and replaced the existing floor and you cannot see the seam. I too had a question about it comming up and was assured it would be covered. It has been down 9 months and it is still good.
chucknviv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 12:54 PM   #9

Glad to hear that from someone who has experienced the same problem. Thanks for posting.

Tags
flooring