Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2018, 03:45 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post
You're close with that guess... Actually it is under the bathroom sink on the far right side. I used to dread trying to change the filter without making a mess in our 2400W. I suggest laying a couple towels under the filter until you get the hang of it...

When you get ready to winterize the water pump, source selector switch and the pick up tube for antifreeze are under the shower just behind the access panel.
Thanks for the reply! Found it. Unfortunately LOOKS like it does not have the filter in. And after searching on line for type of filter needed (still searching) was able to identify what the white plastic wrench is for!

Every day is an adventure for me.....

Thanks for the additional info on winterizing....thankfully that is a few months down the road!

Thanks!
Sue
mijeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 06:07 PM   #22

Newbie just bought 2018 MBS 2400W

I have a 2400R and the filter is under the bed in a cabinet. Have to get down on my hands and knees to change it. Donít let anyone tell you they are some kind of special filter. They are generic and I get them from Amazon (who else?) for about $25.00 for 4 of them.
The adventure is what we all enjoy about our trips and motorhomes.
Well...at least I do.
Dbrote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 07:49 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijeus View Post
And after searching on line for type of filter needed (still searching) was able to identify what the white plastic wrench is for!

A "Standard" 10 inch water filter is what you should need...

Some water filters are a basic carbon filter unit that just stops sediment. Others will filter out more impurities, minerals and chemicals. The more you want filtered out the higher the price generally...

We've been using the Flow-Pur brand for years and have been happy with them.
It is better to have too much truck than to have too much trailer.
RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 12:58 PM   #24

Thanks for the water filter info. Went back down and rechecked, and no filter in the filter housing. Would have thought that would have been down during prep....but guess at this point I am not surprised. Good way for me to learn how to replace one...
Sue
Old 03-26-2018, 01:51 PM   #25

The filters are almost always removed for winterizing. Probably forgot to install new one after de-winterizing, depending on where you live, or where it is stored.
Dbrote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 04:18 PM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijeus View Post
Would have thought that would have been down during prep....
FR usually ships one in the refrigerator with all the other loose "stuff"...

There is another thread going on how often to change the filter. We put in a fresh filter when we de-winterize in the spring and throw it away when we winterize in the fall. If you stay at a place with a lot of sediment you'll need to change it more often. Before I'd go thru that hassle I'd add an external in-line filter on my fresh water hose...

On a related subject I recommend you learn how to properly sanitize your fresh water tank if you aren't already familiar with the process. You don't want "stuff" growing in your water lines!
It is better to have too much truck than to have too much trailer.
RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 02:43 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post
FR usually ships one in the refrigerator with all the other loose "stuff"...

There is another thread going on how often to change the filter. We put in a fresh filter when we de-winterize in the spring and throw it away when we winterize in the fall. If you stay at a place with a lot of sediment you'll need to change it more often. Before I'd go thru that hassle I'd add an external in-line filter on my fresh water hose...

On a related subject I recommend you learn how to properly sanitize your fresh water tank if you aren't already familiar with the process. You don't want "stuff" growing in your water lines!

Thanks for the reply. Have added proper sanitization of fresh water tank to my list! Appreciate all the help available on this forum!
Sue
2018 Nissan Versa Toad
Old 04-03-2018, 11:38 AM   #28

Like others, we store our sewer hose, and fittings, in a sealable plastic container. that way, everything is in one place and any drainage goes into the bin - not the storage compartment. Our unit is a 2400R, so we store in the comportment where the water pump is located, same side as sewer connections. Enjoy your new rig.
2008 Jeep JKS
Ready Brute Elite / Blue Ox BP
High Desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:17 AM   #29

We have a 2017 mbs 2400w. It has a storage tube strapped to the outlet pipe. I think it was standard equipment.
Dconant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags