Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2018, 05:00 PM   #1

Newbie just bought 2018 MBS 2400W

Just bought our first Class C. When we did our walk through, we pretty much purchased all of the "necessities" that our walk through person recommended. One of which was the sewer hose. There appears to be a sewer hose compartment (tube) on our RV but the hose we purchased does not fit in it as purchased. Can I see how anyone with the same RV is storing their's? My guess is that I'm doing something wrong...
Thank you in advance!
Underwood01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:05 PM   #2

welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. Not all sewer hoses are the exact same outside diameter at the fittings and will not fit in the standard 4" square holders (like the bumper). You can always buy a plastic bin with cover to keep it in the storage compartment.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:12 PM   #3

If you can get a size that fits the bumper storage. It is so much better to keep that stinky slinky outside rather then in the cellar. And easier too. Also make sure you have a good length of it because some only give you 10 feet which is almost useless due to such a short length.
Chrisc40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. Not all sewer hoses are the exact same outside diameter at the fittings and will not fit in the standard 4" square holders (like the bumper). You can always buy a plastic bin with cover to keep it in the storage compartment.
Thank you for your reply,

In our old class A, the compartment for the sewer valves and such was large enough to house a crate with the hose and fittings. Just wasn't 100% certain if I need to figure out the same or if there is a specific hose I need to get that fits the factory storage.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:40 PM   #5
Certified Curmudgeon

Hmmm I thought all new Sunseekers except LE and TS came with the wastemaster system. If it is a wastemaster, you should not have had to buy anything. Can you post a pic of the dump pipe end? FYI, Wastemaster has a special case if you prefer. We liked the 2400R but it lacked the necessary storage for our use. We also had a class A so I know where you’re at. Welcome to the Sunseeker section of the FRF. There are a lot of knowledgeable motorhome owners here and in the MBS section that can help you.
Safe Travels and best of luck with your new unit.
Ducky
Old 03-13-2018, 09:55 AM   #6

I'm sure someone on the MBS sprinter forum can answer for your coach, try posting your questions there.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:18 AM   #7

Thank you for all of the replies. I understand that this is in the wrong section. Admin, please delete.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:23 AM   #8

We have a 2016 2400R with the regular sewer hose connections. Doesn’t fit in the small door on the side. We just place the assembled hose in a black trash bag in the storage area of the water pump. Easy to get to it.
Dbrote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:53 PM   #9
Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrote View Post
We have a 2016 2400R with the regular sewer hose connections. Doesn’t fit in the small door on the side. We just place the assembled hose in a black trash bag in the storage area of the water pump. Easy to get to it.
I have a 2017 Forester MBS 2401W and had the same problem. Even after filing the lugs down so it would fit in there wasn't enough room for the 20 foot long hose I bought with my new motor home. I keep it in the compartment above the black and grey connection and simply fasten both ends together after dumping and rinsing the hose out.
sailski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:21 PM   #10

Also own a 2401W with same hose storage problems. Purchased an adjustable tube that runs the entire width of the coach. Access doors on both ends, was able to get most of 15 ‘ hose in after trimming a couple feet off. Use the original storage for shorter hose at dump stations.
bowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 05:15 PM   #11

slinky

How about an external stinky slinky tube under the rear bumper. I mounted mine just behind the rear big foot jacks. The tube is adjustable in width. Take a look at the slinky pics in my album, click below my pic on the left. The rhino product fits in the slinky so I keep water hoses in the bumper.
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 10:42 AM   #12
Sunseeker 2400MBW

This seems like correct place for this question. That compartment and the sewer hose they “gave” us is not good.

We (husband) installed a 5”fence post on the right side of the ladder and it holds standard Rhino setup well, we saw the same setup on a camper and seemed like a good idea. Works great so far.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:58 PM   #13

Water Master RV Sewer Management System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
Hmmm I thought all new Sunseekers except LE and TS came with the wastemaster system. If it is a wastemaster, you should not have had to buy anything. Can you post a pic of the dump pipe end? FYI, Wastemaster has a special case if you prefer. We liked the 2400R but it lacked the necessary storage for our use. We also had a class A so I know where you’re at. Welcome to the Sunseeker section of the FRF. There are a lot of knowledgeable motorhome owners here and in the MBS section that can help you.
Safe Travels and best of luck with your new unit.
Ducky
Hope I am responding correctly to your post... We recently purchased a 2018 FR Sunseeker 2400W MBS, and the literature indicates it comes with Water Master RV Sewer Management System. But I can't find anywhere that describes exactly what that is, or what that entails/includes. Any help on that would be great! We also purchased a sewer hose that did not fit into the space that it was suppose to, so just filed down the little nibs until it would.
Thanks!
Sue
mijeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 06:45 PM   #14
Site Team

The MBS Series does not come with the Waste Master system according to the Sunseeker brochure. See Here for info on the Waste Master.

We had the same storage problem you're having and ended up buying a plastic box with a tight sealing gasket for the traditional hose and connectors...

Welcome to the forum!
Old 03-23-2018, 06:53 PM   #15
Site Team

Interestingly enough there is a storage compartment, the Drain Master, for the Waste Master... Take a look at this beast!
Old 03-23-2018, 08:07 PM   #16
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post
The MBS Series does not come with the Waste Master system according to the Sunseeker brochure. See Here for info on the Waste Master. ...
I got my info from the 2018 brochure (pic below) but yesterday I was at the dealer getting the HP issue looked at and they had a bunch of 2018 Sunseeker MBS units on the lot. Not a single one had Wastemaster! All bayonette fittings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	08E09F5A-C192-4650-B8B1-DEBA6DC7E544.jpeg
Views:	120
Size:	268.8 KB
ID:	165963  
Old 03-24-2018, 09:20 AM   #17
Site Team

That is why FR has the big disclaimer about making changes at will in their brochure I suppose...

If you look at the current brochure Here on FR's website it excludes the MBS in that same picture. There is so little CCC, and cargo space, in a MBS that the Waste Master would be problematic...
Old 03-24-2018, 10:18 AM   #18
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post
That is why FR has the big disclaimer about making changes at will in their brochure I suppose...

If you look at the current brochure Here on FR's website it excludes the MBS in that same picture. There is so little CCC, and cargo space, in a MBS that the Waste Master would be problematic...
Exactly. Unless they put a drainmaster in (LMBO).
Old 03-25-2018, 09:38 AM   #19

Well, that all makes sense.... "revisions may be necessary without notice..." We are fine with our current sewer hose system, and the Waste Master system would just be another thing to store.

On another sort of related subject (Newbie 2018 MBS 2400W Sunseeker owner).... a couple of questions as I continue to get familiar with this new unit:

We haven't been able to connect the hose to the outside shower quick connect. It seems to stop before the secure connection can be made. Hesitate to push too hard and take the chance of breaking something, so wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I read earlier to de-pressurize the, which we did. Not a biggie, but would be nice to get it worked out!

Where is the water filtration system located? I think the only place I haven't looked is under the shower.
mijeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 10:49 AM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijeus View Post
Where is the water filtration system located? I think the only place I haven't looked is under the shower.
You're close with that guess... Actually it is under the bathroom sink on the far right side. I used to dread trying to change the filter without making a mess in our 2400W. I suggest laying a couple towels under the filter until you get the hang of it...

When you get ready to winterize the water pump, source selector switch and the pick up tube for antifreeze are under the shower just behind the access panel.

Tags