Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2018, 10:03 AM   #1

Newbie questions

I have a rocker switch on the driver-side pillar next to the mirror setting switch but don't know what its for and not in the manual. Ideas?

Also, is there a tire jack and tire iron somewhere in my new to me Sunseeker? The E450 manual is no help on this. I am trying to get the wheel simulators off. How do I do that? A picture of my wheel is attached:

I am trying to figure out what kind of tire valves I have to see if I should go with one from tireman:

Tire-Man: Home Page

I plan to get new tires on the dual wheels in the next week or so and thought I would put the new valves on then. I was going to go with the Michelin Defender tires.

Thanks in advance!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0324.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	337.7 KB
ID:	187653  
Atlanta Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 10:35 AM   #2
Empty Nesters

Welcome to the forum. What year and model of Sunseeker do you have. You can add those to your signature line so everyone can see what you are working with.

I'm not sure on the rocker switch, but it might be a switch that Forest River adds to connect the house(coach) batteries to the engine battery to allow you to jump start the engine with the coach batteries.

I think those are the "ambulance" wheel simulators like I have. Those wheel simulators grip on hard! I use a small pry bar to get mine off and a dead blow hammer to put them back on. The grippers really chip up the paint on the wheels, too.

My Sunseeker didn't even come with a spare tire never mind a jack and tie iron. I wonder if the original owner got a spare to have available for roadside service and didn't get a jack.

Mine came with steel valve stems and I now have TST TPMS sensors on them!
Old 09-27-2018, 10:46 AM   #3
Empty Nesters

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenandCarol View Post
I think those are the "ambulance" wheel simulators like I have. Those wheel simulators grip on hard! I use a small pry bar to get mine off and a dead blow hammer to put them back on. The grippers really chip up the paint on the wheels, too.
Correction...I just looked at mine and they are not the same. I think your wheel simulators use one or two of those decorative wheel nuts as threaded nuts that hold the simulators on. Hopefully someone that has them can advise you...or use google and you tube.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:55 AM   #4

Welcome! The switch is for the heated mirrors. Can't help with the wheels, haven't tried to take mine off yet. My Sunseeker didn't come with a jack or lug wrench.
2017 Ford Fiesta toad
Bill and Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 11:07 AM   #5

2014 3010ds

I have a 2014 3010 DS...I thought I put it in my profile but it didn't post???
Atlanta Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 11:13 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Panther View Post
I have a 2014 3010 DS...I thought I put it in my profile but it didn't post???
It's in your profile... but it needs to be in your Signature for it to post at the bottom of every post and PM. Edit Signature and don't forget to Save.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 04:33 PM   #7

Hope you enjoy your RV, Ive got a 2016 3011 forester, same e450 ford , mine came w/ a spare but no jack or lug wrench, I plan to us a road side service. the jack that does come w/ a e450 is too light for the MH setup. The switch by the mirror adj on the drivers door is for the heated mirrors. As far has your wheel covers, look for a grove in the fake lug covers, if you have a grove you have the older style wheel covers, the caps pull off and there is a nut holding the cover on, there maybe 2 or 3 on each cover.

Happy Travels
No-Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 07:38 AM   #8

I wouldn't try jack your unit on the side of the road anyways. You will need one hell of a bottle jack to lift your rig safely. not to mention a pretty big tire iron or breaker bar. That being said I signed up for road assistance so they so do the work.

Bob
Old 09-28-2018, 05:23 PM   #9

Those wheel "sims" come off like an old hub cap with a large screwdriver. Never could bring myself to put them back on....
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 08:42 PM   #10

Welcome, Use a claw hammer to remove the wheel covers. A little at a time and work your way around.

Heated mirrors. Nice when it is raining.

Mine came with a spare but no Jack. I use roadside service. Oh, there may not be a way to lower the spare safely. Mine was a simple nut with a safety chain. FYI the tire weighs 95lbs, so be careful.

There may be a momentary push switch to allow you to use the house batteries in the event the starting battery has run down. Mine is on the left side of the drivers seat, down low.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags