Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2020, 06:46 PM   #1

OPINIONS On next purchase

https://norfolk.craigslist.org/rvs/d...126288055.html

I am going to purchase this for the family. Would like thoughts.
MICHAEL G WARREN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 07:01 PM   #2

I have the exact floorplan on my 2012 Forester 3011DS. We've had it for 4 years now and have loved every minute. This floorplan has the BEST kit hen layout.
Mach428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 09:53 PM   #3

Looks nice but for $47k I personally would put it towards a brand spankin' new rig and finance it out 20 yrs. Interest rates are at an all time low. Repairs can be very costly especially since it has 7 years on it. Just my $0.02.

2019 Sunseeker 2400WS
Toad:2019 Chevrolet Sonic RS
TNYHWZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 10:19 PM   #4

I say go for it.. anyone who finances an RV for 20 years has a too expensive hobby.
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 10:32 PM   #5

I’m not sure what kind of an opinion or thoughts you're looking for. We don’t know your financial situation, the size of your family, how you intend to use the motorhome, etc. It’s not the motorhome floorplan I would buy, but that doesn’t matter one bit because I’m not you. Perhaps with more specific questions, the forum could help you with your purchase decision.
Old 05-25-2020, 10:33 PM   #6

They definitely 'staged' it to make it look homey. Low mileage is good. Looks to be in good shape, but you can't tell how the roof is or if it's had any water leaks. It's got that beautiful double fridge/freezer. It might be priced a bit on the high side, but that's based on the OBO.

Just make sure everything works before you finalize the deal.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:05 AM   #7

This unit has a fiberglass top. Its just my wife and I and our 17 year old that will be enjoying it. I can get it for about 4k less than asking price. We will use it for beach, lake trips and other vacations. We are 80 minutes from the coast so it will end up there a lot.
MICHAEL G WARREN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 07:10 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired JSO View Post
I say go for it.. anyone who finances an RV for 20 years has a too expensive hobby.
It's all about the cash flow!!!!

2019 Sunseeker 2400WS
Toad:2019 Chevrolet Sonic RS
TNYHWZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:22 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICHAEL G WARREN View Post
This unit has a fiberglass top. Its just my wife and I and our 17 year old that will be enjoying it. I can get it for about 4k less than asking price. We will use it for beach, lake trips and other vacations. We are 80 minutes from the coast so it will end up there a lot.

I don’t know you or your family, but it’s possible that in not too many years, it will be only your wife and you traveling in the motorhome. You might consider whether this unit will eventually be unnecessarily big for you. We owned a 31.5 foot class C for a long time and did a few trips with kids, but later grew tired of maneuvering the long wheelbase and finding appropriate sized campsites for it, so we downsized to a 27 footer with a shorter wheelbase. We also went without the cabover bunk, because it was never used once the kids were gone.

The good thing is that since you are buying used, you are in a better position to sawp for a different unit without taking a big money hit, should this one not work out for you.
Old 05-26-2020, 10:13 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICHAEL G WARREN View Post
I'd test to make certain your 17 year old will fit in that bunk bed.
It looks like a good deal at that price, but you need to physically check it out before you finalize the deal.
We have friends with a similar C. It's just the two of them and they love it.