Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2020, 10:50 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Our experience has been the opposite. Now if you're talking about campground WiFi, then I would agree.
Thanks for your input.
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 09:17 AM   #22
Commercial Member

JoePa77

will you send me a Private message with your email address and last 6 of vin.

thank you
karykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 09:59 AM   #23

Finally checked in to a CG with cable to verify all three TVs work with the OTA antenna, cable and all HDMI sources.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:40 AM   #24

We have a 2020 3010ds and so far every campground that had cable and we hooked up the pictures are very fuzzy and not watchable. I figure that I'll trouble shoot it myself. Already checked the connection point on the outside and looks good...no sence talking to the dealership. That's like banging your head into a wall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoePa77 View Post
I have a Forester 2861 DSF Motorhome, this is the model with the outside kitchen that includes an outdoor television with it. When I first received the motorhome and connected to Park Cable all three Televisions could connect to the cable and perform a channel check on cable.
Due to some other issues the factory replaced the roof, the entire passenger side, and the cap over the cab (and many other changes too numerous to list here). Wonderful work and I am happy to have so many problems addressed at the factory. New issues cropped up as a result though, one being that the Park Cable connection did not work because the cable had been cut and not replaced. A local Dealership agreed to perform warranty work that was requested by the factory. The two inside televisions are said to have been connected but I cannot test since I do not have cable at my house, but their description of the repair states no outside Television connection since that's how it was designed.
Now the Dealership (through confirmation with the factory) says only the two inside Televisions should receive cable, and the outdoor Television should not as it was designed originally. The factory tells me I should have never been able to get the cable outside.

My question to the people of this Forum is "Does everyone else's Motorhome not have cable to their outside Television, or am I getting the run around?" Seems like I had artificial expectations set with the original configuration.

Thanks in advance for any insights that may be provided.

Roberta and Jim
JWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 11:40 AM   #25

Good advice. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fobagbob View Post
On my 2017 2861DS, all three TVs work on cable. A coax comes from a splitter up front and goes to another splitter at the rear and outside TVs. The rear and outside TVs each have a wall plate to provide 12v and a coax connection, pull the wall plates off and see if the coax is not connected to the rear splitter.
Old 10-28-2020, 07:27 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoePa77 View Post
I have a Forester 2861 DSF Motorhome, this is the model with the outside kitchen that includes an outdoor television with it. When I first received the motorhome and connected to Park Cable all three Televisions could connect to the cable and perform a channel check on cable.

Due to some other issues the factory replaced the roof, the entire passenger side, and the cap over the cab (and many other changes too numerous to list here). Wonderful work and I am happy to have so many problems addressed at the factory. New issues cropped up as a result though, one being that the Park Cable connection did not work because the cable had been cut and not replaced. A local Dealership agreed to perform warranty work that was requested by the factory. The two inside televisions are said to have been connected but I cannot test since I do not have cable at my house, but their description of the repair states no outside Television connection since that's how it was designed.

Now the Dealership (through confirmation with the factory) says only the two inside Televisions should receive cable, and the outdoor Television should not as it was designed originally. The factory tells me I should have never been able to get the cable outside.

My question to the people of this Forum is "Does everyone else's Motorhome not have cable to their outside Television, or am I getting the run around?" Seems like I had artificial expectations set with the original configuration.

Thanks in advance for any insights that may be provided.

Roberta and Jim

I have the same issue with our TV’s. Best to troubleshoot it yourself...dealer and factory help is an exercise in futility
Old 10-28-2020, 07:35 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWallet View Post
I have the same issue with our TV’s. Best to troubleshoot it yourself...dealer and factory help is an exercise in futility
I believe that is why the OP started this discussion.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:37 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
I believe that is why the OP started this discussion.

Ya think?
Old 10-29-2020, 06:46 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWallet View Post
Ya think?
You miss it. you said" Best to troubleshoot it yourself" thats what the OP is doing, looking for help here not from the factory. Dang.
Old 10-30-2020, 10:40 AM   #30
Commercial Member

we are definitely listening. working on making sure we have a better way to show schematics and to make sure all the TVs easily have access to park cable or Satellite.
karykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:12 AM   #31

Thank you again Kary. Patricia got an engineer to contact our local dealership. The dealership informed us that they have a new path forward to repair the cable, over the air TV, and sat connection.

Asking for help got me the right answers that we needed.
JoePa77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, television