Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2014, 07:31 AM   #1

Pics of trim pulling away

Here are 2 pics of the trim pulling away from my 2014 3051S. I noticed when getting ready to leave on 9/18/2014. We were on Oregon coast 3000 miles from my dealer. The warranty ran out beginning of October and the dealer told me the bumper to bumper full extended Forest River Warranty does not cover trim or adjustments. I can understand adjustments to a point, but if a system only a year old goes out of adjustment and damages the integrity of the MH it should be covered. This isn't adjustment to a cabinet or a drawer it is a major component. Same with trim, this is not indoor cosmetic trimwork.This is what my dealer told me when I called him to say we would be in Pittsburgh for 2 weeks at end of November and i needed service.
I do not really understand what in slide system could cause this. For history i did have to slide motors changed in July right before we left and the dealer changed the motor on this end a second time because they installed incorrect motor 1st and it burned up as soon as I opened the slide the next day. Now could this change of caused something to go out 2 months later??
So far it has not gotten worse and haven't seen any rain since but am worried if we hit rain going down the road and water gets in that something else could get damaged
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1414238778298.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	65279   Click image for larger version

Name:	1414238849150.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	65280  
USNMM1VETERAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 10:21 PM   #2

USNMM1 Welcome to the club of 3051s slide out bracket failure !!!! Seems to be more and more people posting pics of the same problem, please post how yours gets fixed(?).
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 08:32 AM   #3

I most definatly will. And if FR stands up and says yes we will cover under warranty since you have proof it happened in 1st year but were unable to get to service until a couple weeks after your warranty ran out. I guess I will see if FR is the "customer comes first" company they say they are.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:53 PM   #4

I think they are. Also having problems with the slide. So far FR is very responsive. Had a lot of problem which they either fixed or paid to have fixed. Have an appointment to have the slide worked on in December, hope this is the end of issues.
2014 Forester 3051s
2013 Fiat 500 Sport
Workin on my Curmudgeon badge
rapiniii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 05:05 PM   #5

rapiniii, can you expand on the slide problems you are having? seems to be 2013/14 3051s@3050s that are having same slide problem. What are you having done in Dec?
Old 10-26-2014, 08:27 PM   #6

I purchase a 7-year ESP through Wholesale Warranties for this and several other DNA issues with the coach that someday will cost a lot of money to fix! Still working my radio GPS issue though....
2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
ourflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:54 AM   #7
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNMM1VETERAN View Post
Here are 2 pics of the trim pulling away from my 2014 3051S. I noticed when getting ready to leave on 9/18/2014. We were on Oregon coast 3000 miles from my dealer. The warranty ran out beginning of October and the dealer told me the bumper to bumper full extended Forest River Warranty does not cover trim or adjustments. I can understand adjustments to a point, but if a system only a year old goes out of adjustment and damages the integrity of the MH it should be covered. This isn't adjustment to a cabinet or a drawer it is a major component. Same with trim, this is not indoor cosmetic trimwork.This is what my dealer told me when I called him to say we would be in Pittsburgh for 2 weeks at end of November and i needed service.
I do not really understand what in slide system could cause this. For history i did have to slide motors changed in July right before we left and the dealer changed the motor on this end a second time because they installed incorrect motor 1st and it burned up as soon as I opened the slide the next day. Now could this change of caused something to go out 2 months later??
So far it has not gotten worse and haven't seen any rain since but am worried if we hit rain going down the road and water gets in that something else could get damaged
PM me your VIN. I'll have someone get in touch with you.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 02:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrauts View Post
rapiniii, can you expand on the slide problems you are having? seems to be 2013/14 3051s@3050s that are having same slide problem. What are you having done in Dec?
The slide topper mechanism fell apart due to screws failing or falling out. The winder jammed against the body and seam joining the roof and body. Didn't realize this until after the slide trying to open it. Got the slide shut, got the topper fixed(some what). But, now the slide doesn't close right and after a few miles on the road, the lower front corner comes out an 1 1/2-1 3/4". Creates an opening for wind, dust and water.
I have a appointment to have it looked at, and hopefully repaired, in December.
2014 Forester 3051s
2013 Fiat 500 Sport
Old 10-27-2014, 02:42 PM   #9

[The slide topper mechanism fell apart due to screws failing or falling out. The winder jammed against the body and seam joining the roof and body. Didn't realize this until after the slide trying to open it. Got the slide shut, got the topper fixed(some what). But, now the slide doesn't close right and after a few miles on the road, the lower front corner comes out an 1 1/2-1 3/4". Creates an opening for wind, dust and water. Opening and closing the slide causes some worrying grinding sounds, along with the screws and metal shavings found on the floor.
I have a appointment to have it looked at, and hopefully repaired, in December.
2014 Forester 3051s
2013 Fiat 500 Sport
Old 10-27-2014, 02:43 PM   #10

Sorry, don't know how I did that.
2014 Forester 3051s
2013 Fiat 500 Sport
Old 10-27-2014, 02:48 PM   #11

rapiniii haven't had problems with slide topper (yet) but your other issue sounds like what I have going on now. Good luck with yours
Old 10-27-2014, 05:12 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrauts View Post
rapiniii haven't had problems with slide topper (yet) but your other issue sounds like what I have going on now. Good luck with yours
Some of these problems could be prevented with a little Loc-tite.
2014 Forester 3051s
2013 Fiat 500 Sport
Old 10-27-2014, 07:03 PM   #13

Send a message via AIM to Lloydg Send a message via MSN to Lloydg Send a message via Yahoo to Lloydg
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
PM me your VIN. I'll have someone get in touch with you.
Now that's what you call customer service!

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Rockford, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 07:17 PM   #14

I agree I think FR will help. Heck if they want I will change my intinerary and stop by factory on way back to Pittsburgh and let them see it first hand. I wonder if they have really seen this or just getting info from dealers. It is weird that others are having same problem. But I think Mr. CLEMENS will bulldog through this and find out why it is happening so much.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:22 PM   #15
Commercial Member

Sent you a PM. If we could fit you in, I think stopping by the factory would be great. I can't speak for the warranty guys across the street and their schedule, but I would mention that when you talk to them.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 07:41 PM   #16

Not making excuses for FR, but at least they are responsive to problems. A big shout out to Mike Jankowski, Class C rep.
2014 Forester 3051s
2013 Fiat 500 Sport
Old 10-27-2014, 08:03 PM   #17

Its refreshing to see a company step up to a problem that seems to be developing.Hope this works out for all!!
Old 10-28-2014, 08:14 PM   #18

Both my slide toppers had improperly installed anti-sail limiters. Basically they should have 2 screws but only had one and they were not positioned correctly. Fortunately I caught it before they jammed up and damaged anything. You can check them out pretty easily as they should point near straight up when installed properly.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:18 PM   #19

ATVer any chance you can post a pic? not sure what to look for.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:19 AM   #20

Hi all a little update. Mr Clemens has come through, travis from eastern warranties called me and said that FR will make repairs under warranty for me since I am just barely out of warranty. They will be installing rivets to replace the metal screws. I asked if it was an alignment problem and issue with the super slides. He stated no just movement causes screws to back out. Man that is a relief.
Again thank you very much Mr. Clemens.
I am becoming more and more impressed with the Forest River company and their concern for customers.