Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2017, 10:52 AM   #21

CW did their leak test and didn't find any leaks. They are now removing the ceiling covering and trying to find anything there. Haven't heard back from them yet, but will try to find out something today. So far, it's still a mystery.
Toad: 2014 Honda CR-V AWD
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
JimOneil43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:46 AM   #22

Can I ask where your stains are? We seem to have the same camper, ours is just a year older I believe. Our stains are in the front bunk on both sides where there is either a speaker or ac vent (cannot remember which one it is).
Rollinsx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:54 PM   #23

Did you pull the lining partially down and check for moisture? The plastic strip pulls down easily and you can pull the vinyl down enough to get your hand in. The plastic pies just snaps into a groove, easy to put it back.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:26 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollinsx4 View Post
Can I ask where your stains are? We seem to have the same camper, ours is just a year older I believe. Our stains are in the front bunk on both sides where there is either a speaker or ac vent (cannot remember which one it is).
Ours is in the bedroom in the area near the roof vent fan.
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
Old 12-08-2017, 04:29 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
Did you pull the lining partially down and check for moisture? The plastic strip pulls down easily and you can pull the vinyl down enough to get your hand in. The plastic pies just snaps into a groove, easy to put it back.
I did not pull the lining down as I figured I'd probably either tear it or not be able to get it back up. If I don't know what I'm doing on something like that, I usually leave it up to the professionals. Camping World is currently doing that and hopefully, we will have an answer soon.
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
Old 12-16-2017, 02:40 PM   #26

OK...Found the problem

OK...Camping World found the cause of the pink stains. They did not find anything when they did their pressure test, so they pulled the vent/fan in the bedroom and pulled down the ceiling covering. Evidently when the fan was installed a small dribble of glue ran down the edge of the opening and hardened. Thereby creating a tiny opening and the water followed down the glue trail to the ceiling covering. Just enough moisture to cause the stains.
They repaired the leak and ordered new ceiling cover panel from Forest River which should arrive early Jan. In the meantime they are submitting to Forest River for warranty. Will keep our fingers crossed and hope that we can stay out of the shop this next spring so we can get some RV time. We're getting very ansey to get on the road!!
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
Old 12-19-2017, 07:31 PM   #27

FR came through for us!

New ceiling cover panels will be in on Jan 3rd to replace the stained ones. And the best news is that Forest River is covering the whole thing under warranty !! Case closed!
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
Old 12-19-2017, 08:05 PM   #28

Glad you got everything straightened out. Hope we are as lucky, but ours is a 2016 we bought it used. Not sure if the warranty comes over to us. Apparently the extended warranty we bought thru camping world does not cover it.
Rollinsx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 11:37 PM   #29

Compliments CW for finding the source of the leak. l hope you will now get to enjoy some trouble free camping. These things are great when they are working but nightmares when not.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 12:21 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollinsx4 View Post
Glad you got everything straightened out. Hope we are as lucky, but ours is a 2016 we bought it used. Not sure if the warranty comes over to us. Apparently the extended warranty we bought thru camping world does not cover it.
If you are still within the original 12 month factory warranty, it would carry over to you, but if it is a 2016, you are probably out of luck.
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)