Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2013, 03:19 PM   #21

I can see! :-)

Pulled the DVD player out of the dash and verified all cables were/are connected and they were. Switched DVD video output from video1 to video two. Still nothing. (note at this time my R/W/Y from the junction is connected directly to my TV).

Then I begun to wonder if the cable was bad... yup.. I connected a different cable direct from the DVD player to the TV and everything works fine.

PS. this is a new unit thus the cable shouldn't be bad. I suppose it got pinched or cut during installation.. bummer
grega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:22 PM   #22
Commercial Member

Hooraaaay!!! Unless you can route the cable yourself, should be an easy fix for the dealer. Plus, no troubleshooting time.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #23

Purchase Blu-ray Player!

I also have a #3051S and the using the dash DVD to play the interior TV's is done using component and coaxial cables. First make sure the coaxial cable connections on your TV's are tight.

But my recommendation is purchasing a blu-ray player and connecting it directly to the TV using a HDMI cable. This will provide you the BEST quality DVD picture using standard DVD's or blu-rays DVD's.

Remember a blu-ray player upscales a standard DVD movie. You may notice the picture on the in dash monitor is excellent when playing a DVD in that unit. But the signal quality is reduced when it is played on the HDTV's.

Do yourself a favor and purchase a blu-player and HDMI cable for you main Living area TV.

Tim
trwmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #24

Channel 3 or 4 for DVD play

The TV needs to be set to channel 3 or 4. Check the switch setting on the back of the TV source control box.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:34 AM   #25
Commercial Member

Most lately that I have seen have been set to 4. (Switch controlling this is on the back of the box)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #26
Love My Sunseeker

Hey everyone. I found the solution to this problem. It pertains to the surround sound. If you have surround sound (extra speakers in your RV ceiling like I do), then this will work.

You have to MUTE the TV, and use only the sound from the in dash player. When I did that I got a VERY CLEAR picture on the front TV. I have a second TV (bedroom) also wired to this. This solution didn't work on the back TV, but it improved on the front TV a lot! I have the big TV entertainment center.

You can't have the TV sound competing with the surround sound.

Give it a try!

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:18 AM   #27

We have also a 3051S, have a problem with DVD from dash to our 40" tv, I need help on this. Thank you
raydee66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:29 AM   #28

My #3051SF

This worked for me:

Set control box buttons in cabinet above couch to DVD
Set TV: SOURCE to TV
Set TV: to channel #4
put DVD in dash player

There is a video on Forest River Class "C" facebook page on setting the audio correctly for the TV and sound system.

Now if you want an excellent true HD picture on the LED TV that requires some changes. Purchase a separate blu-ray player and HDMI cable. Plug the HDMI cable into the back of your Jensen HDTV. My 3051S has the bunk so access to the rear of the TV is simple. If you have the entertainment area with cabinets then remove the TV and connect the HDMI cable to one HDMI input. Secure cable in place and run the cable where you can place your new blu-ray player. Now change your TV source to HDMI 1 or 2 depending on which location you used. You will love the picture quality on all DVD's either blu-ray or standard.

Using component cables and coax cables to get an HD picture is never desirable.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:42 AM   #29

Hey Raydee66

I posted in another column that in fact our rca cable was bad. I could only determine this once I puled the DVD from the dash and did direct connected from the player to the TV with the existing rca cable (which didn't work). Then repeated with a new cable which did work.

All the directions above were great but in the end I had a bad cable.
grega is offline   Reply With Quote