Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2020, 05:35 PM   #1
Do It Yourselfer

Propane auxiliary connection

Our 3011dsf is our first time dealing with a stationary propane tank. I always had a third propane tank for our TTs for stand by.
Has anyone modified the system to accommodate a connection for a standby tank.
It's rare that I had to use the spare tank, but the DW does appreciate being left in the cold. Plus the inconvenience of having to drive the coach to be filled.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
It's Easy to take 'Liberty' for granted, When you have never had it taken from You!
wuffwuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 10:17 PM   #2

An Extend a Stay kit. Installs just before the unit regulator. I would rather throw a womb bottle in the car and get refilled rather then unhook everything and have to drive to get the onboard tank filled. We camp in the winter and summer use propane for heating water and running the reefer.
Old 05-05-2020, 08:08 PM   #3
Do It Yourselfer

I looked up an 'Extended stay' kit on amazon and appears to be just a hose with the correct connectors.
There's a cover over what appears to be the regulator. Is there a connector there for the kit hose?

It's Easy to take 'Liberty' for granted, When you have never had it taken from You!
Old 05-05-2020, 10:17 PM   #4

You take the cover off, that's the regulator, you undo the fittings and add the t into the line. It has a plug you remove, add the hose to that and connect to the tank. I have 2 20lb bottles. I use the onboard for travel for the fridge, then connect one of the tanks.
Old 05-06-2020, 02:14 PM   #5
Do It Yourselfer

A32Deuce really appreciate your assistance.
I assumed, I would have to figure out the necessary parts and hoses. Really glad you pointed out the 'extend a stay kit'. Did some research on eTrailer and found just what I needed.
As always some one on the Form comes thru. :-)

Old 05-06-2020, 05:13 PM   #6

I have had and use mine not too long after I bought it. The onboard tank will last a year just using for travel. Mines a 9 gallon tank. Have fun.
Old 05-06-2020, 05:38 PM   #7

There's an "Extend-A-Stay" and an "Extend-A-Flow" and a combo version. The Extend-A-Stay version is for what you're looking for, ability to run propane into your coach's on-board propane system from an auxiliary tank. The Extend-A-Flow part allows for you to run an auxiliary high pressure line off your on-board propane system for BBQs, fire pits, etc.
I did the combo version and I have to say it is one of my favorite mods on my coach. I've used the Extend-A-Flow side every trip, but never had to utilize the Extend-A-Stay part (yet). As A32Duece said, super easy to do, so long as you have room to fit the Extend-A-Stay "T" between your tank and regulator - I had to swap out the short pipe to the right of the regulator for an even shorter pipe so my regulator wouldn't bang against the side wall of the compartment (See before and after pics below). One other note, remember the thread between on the tank side of the pipe between the tank and regulator is a left hand thread - just to save you some frustration (don't ask how I know )
Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180924_161115.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	351.5 KB
ID:	228539   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181108_085611.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	390.0 KB
ID:	228540  

Tags