Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2016, 03:42 PM   #1

Queen size bed tip

If you are tall like me, and you hate your feet hanging off the bed. After the slide out is extended, take an old comforter and roll it up. Place between the wall and the mattress. Regular queen size sheets will fit over everything and the bed will give 3-4 extra inches of length. Enjoy!! You now have a longer queen mattress, don't worry your pillows will be fine over the mattress and comforter gap.
hunt247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 04:29 PM   #2

We had the short queen in the 2000 Four Winds with no slides; my feet were always hanging off the end. The new Sunseeker has a full queen in the slide. My feet rarely hang off the end, except when I want them to. I'm 6' (and shrinking).

That's a good idea for a short queen.

The lower half of ours is snapped to the base, so it wouldn't move even if we wanted a bit more length. There's so little room between the end of the bed, my wife wouldn't be able to make it on her multi-trips to the bat-room at night.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:34 PM   #3

We went to a commercial foam company and had a piece cut to order for our bed. The foam is much denser than the so called "craft" foam you find in stores. We leave it in place and do not remove it. There is still plenty of walk around room at the end of the bed.

Bob
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed