Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2017, 10:20 PM   #1

Radio reception

I have a 2014 sunseeker 3010ds. I cannot get any radio reception from the dash system, it will continue to search for a signal. Even if I set it on a known station no reception. Pull the unit ant the antenna was connected but about 4 inches up the cable was some kind of connection. I have never seen anything like it before, any ideas?
Mike3393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 11:35 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike3393 View Post
I have a 2014 sunseeker 3010ds. I cannot get any radio reception from the dash system, it will continue to search for a signal. Even if I set it on a known station no reception. Pull the unit ant the antenna was connected but about 4 inches up the cable was some kind of connection. I have never seen anything like it before, any ideas?

Have the same RV and the same dam problem. Have not been able to use the radio. I take CD's. Really sucks.
rekwiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:04 AM   #3

Hi Mike, is it the Magnadyne? I have a 2013 and removed the radio while trying to make sure the outputs were connected as I was having issues with the unit connecting to the front tv. Anyhow, we do have reception but it is poor when we aren't near a city so I checked the antenna as well. There was the connection or adapter you mention about 4" of wire just behind the radio so this must be standard. I would remove the outside antenna and make sure that is connected. Also, there is some kind of SIM card on the back and this may have something to do with it? Just some thoughts, Paul
pjh4064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:25 AM   #4

I was just looking in the manual.....under the system setup there is a screen to set up the radio. It shows a world map and you need to select America 1, America 2, Russian or Europe radio area.
I had not seen this before but maybe you are set to the wrong area? If you would like a picture of the page in the manual, let me know and I can try to figure out how to attach it.
pjh4064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 06:27 PM   #5

Thanks for the information, I checked it was on the correct setting( America 1). I tried all the setting but nothing changed. I think it is in the antenna or that funky connection. I have fooled around with radios and never seen a connection like this one. I will continue messing with it and when I find out what the problem I will post the solution.
Mike3393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 06:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike3393 View Post
Thanks for the information, I checked it was on the correct setting( America 1). I tried all the setting but nothing changed. I think it is in the antenna or that funky connection. I have fooled around with radios and never seen a connection like this one. I will continue messing with it and when I find out what the problem I will post the solution.
In my opinion i think that the location of the radio antenna on the fender under the over hang of the coach has a lot to do with reception. JMO
rekwiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 05:45 PM   #7

I've got the same problem with reception (2016 Sunseeker with the Jensen unit). I'll try your fixes, and try to troubleshoot, and will post any "insights"....cheers
uselmce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 12:21 PM   #8

I have the same issue with our Forester. The house stereo seems to get much better reception, I wonder if they are attempting to share the same antenna?
retireearly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:36 AM   #9

Most of our reception is from a female giving us the wrong speed limit . We need a speed limit update !

Tags
radio, reception