Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2018, 11:51 PM   #1

Rain gutter problems 2860DS

Draining water from the gutter will drain right onto the interior door arm rest, right where the power window and lock switch are, when door is fully open. I am a big guy and cannot squeeze into the cab unless door is opened all the way. Any suggestions to correct this problem would be greatly appreciated.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2225.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	358.7 KB
ID:	160007
fliper74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:50 PM   #2

They all will get you wet. No one that I know of has come up with a good solution. When traveling, we will extend the awning about 2' and exit the coach.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:00 PM   #3

Same as Garrette: we enter and exit through the coach door.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:32 PM   #4
Site Team

I looked at how to resolve the "cab door shower" on our previous Class C. It looked like I could remove the drains and reinstall them behind the cab doors. Blocking off the original location of the drain will be the trickiest part I suspect...
Old 01-13-2018, 04:23 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post
I looked at how to resolve the "cab door shower" on our previous Class C. It looked like I could remove the drains and reinstall them behind the cab doors. Blocking off the original location of the drain will be the trickiest part I suspect...
When I first read fliper74 post the other day I ponder the same thing.
Just don't know the best way to fab it. My gutters always get clogged on my tt. No such luck on a c class going down the road that gutter would be clogged

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:28 PM   #6

remove the gutter.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:32 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
remove the gutter.
I looked at doing that but there are a couple issues with that solution. First, it will leave a mess where it is removed...especially if you have full body paint. Second, if you are parked nose down you could get a much larger shower area than with the current drain.

I was going to partially fill the front section of gutter with Dicor, tapering towards the rear of the coach, to force the water back towards the new drain location. Some water might get out at the old location but it would be better than the current full blast shower...

Instead I "fixed" the issue when we downsized to a smaller coach... Our TS has the "trekker" style small cap, without the overhead bunk, so the gutters do not extend over the cab doors...
Old 01-14-2018, 01:15 PM   #8

My solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliper74 View Post
Draining water from the gutter will drain right onto the interior door arm rest, right where the power window and lock switch are, when door is fully open. I am a big guy and cannot squeeze into the cab unless door is opened all the way. Any suggestions to correct this problem would be greatly appreciated.Attachment 160007
Well, We had the same problem because we live in Oregon and it does rain here !! This is what we did. Found a flexible tube and some pvc fittings at the home improvement store. A little pvc cement and a clamp and a few trial and error configurations and it works fine. The only problem is that I have to clean out the tube occasionally since we park near a cedar tree and it plugs up with needles. Easy to clean out though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2984.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	160160  
Toad: 2014 Honda CR-V AWD
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
JimOneil43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:34 PM   #9
2017 Forester 3051s

I like the ideal of the flexible tubing. Any other home fixes out there?
trozfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 02:17 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimOneil43 View Post
Well, We had the same problem because we live in Oregon and it does rain here !! This is what we did. Found a flexible tube and some pvc fittings at the home improvement store. A little pvc cement and a clamp and a few trial and error configurations and it works fine. The only problem is that I have to clean out the tube occasionally since we park near a cedar tree and it plugs up with needles. Easy to clean out though.
X2 Plus purchase some adhesive gutter to redirect it away from the door, align it along the seam on the upper cab.

2013 Keystone Raptor TH
2013 Ford F350 Dually TV
Rokslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 02:19 PM   #11

Following this . . . .
Old 01-14-2018, 04:49 PM   #12
Bene Gesserit Rule

Quote:
If the setup is secure and doesn't flop around, split it to make it an open top gutter. Debris will wash away.
Murbella7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:43 AM   #13

Quote:
Fast, Easy, Cheap and Effective. Im in!
Old 01-15-2018, 09:13 AM   #14

Use this when getting outa umbrella
Attached Images

bareftn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:17 AM   #15

Quote:

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for the feed back!!
fliper74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:54 AM   #16
2012 Solera

From past forum posts, two relatively easy steps that can help -
1) Several have said clipping a clothes pin to the end of the gutter will result in the water running off the end of the clothes pin - effectively a two or three inch gutter extension.
2) Camping World (I think) has gutter extensions (what I used). These are an improvement, but still a little too short. A forum member said he made longer extensions from gallon milk jug handles. I have found GOOP works well to attach extensions.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:15 PM   #17

"Goop" marine adhesive?
Old 01-15-2018, 02:54 PM   #18
2012 Solera

Quite honestly, I find all versions of GOOP about the same. GOOP marine adhesive should work fine... As will the original - Shoe Goo...
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 04:58 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murbella7 View Post
If the setup is secure and doesn't flop around, split it to make it an open top gutter. Debris will wash away.
That might work some places, but here in Oregon in a heavy rain, it would just overflow on the sides.
Toad: 2014 Honda CR-V AWD
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
JimOneil43 is offline   Reply With Quote