Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2014, 02:35 PM   #1

Re: shower caulk on Sunseeker3050

We have a 3050 Sunseeker, where the base of the shower meets the wall they did not put any caulking. Is that something new on new units or did they forget to put it on. Not sure if some should be put on or not. Would like to know if anyone else's was like that. Thanks !

Sent from my HP Slate7 Extreme using Forest River Forums mobile app
Sunnyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:51 PM   #2
Commercial Member

I think I addressed this before, with a picture (you might be able to search for it). The shower pan has a lip that goes up higher than the surround walls. It's designed that way. Caulk if you'd like, but water would have to climb up about 2" before it gets over the lip.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 04:17 PM   #3

Noticed the same thing on my TT. Put caulk on mine this morning and added the shower extender too.

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:42 PM   #4

Caulking would only trap moisture

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
tmhyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:46 PM   #5

Fortunately, I live in the dry side of things so have had plenty of time between trips to dry things out. Now it will keep moisture out.

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I think I addressed this before, with a picture (you might be able to search for it). The shower pan has a lip that goes up higher than the surround walls. It's designed that way. Caulk if you'd like, but water would have to climb up about 2" before it gets over the lip.
Thank-you ! That's all I needed to know, I will leave it like it is, now that I know it can' t leak or get the walls wet ! I will also try and find your pic .

Old 05-19-2014, 12:31 AM   #7

If you find the pic will you post the link, mine is the same way... actually wavey. and, actually pops in and out when you push on it... I would have thought it would be glued to the wall at least but do not know if is done that way I'm also getting standing water in shower pan (where door is) towards the middle of the MH with perfectly level cabinet tops, floor, and refrigerator. Not leaking just acts like shower pan not level with rest of MH

Thanks
asparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:56 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by asparky View Post
If you find the pic will you post the link, mine is the same way... actually wavey. and, actually pops in and out when you push on it... I would have thought it would be glued to the wall at least but do not know if is done that way I'm also getting standing water in shower pan (where door is) towards the middle of the MH with perfectly level cabinet tops, floor, and refrigerator. Not leaking just acts like shower pan not level with rest of MH

Thanks
I have not found the picture yet , but if I do I will post it for you. Mine also will pop in and out when pushed . My old 2002 MH didn't do that, but, I thought maybe the new ones are built that way for a reason, movement or something, not sure though.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:26 PM   #9

Mine is buckled, popped out in the center. Tried to caulk and shored the buckle flat. It stayed put about 3 days. Cleaned the caulk and left it alone. I just wanted a finish look. No issues and I have checked for wetness.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 11:58 PM   #10

How about the top. Mine does not have any calking at the top either and the walls flex in and out also. 3170ds
Fozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 02:22 AM   #11

3170ds here and it's popped out in the middle as well and no caulk. No water issues, just wish I looked a little nicer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2014, 02:20 AM   #12

My shower is the same way. I understand that water will not go up the wall, but I am worried that moisture will seep up and cause mildew to grow behind the shower walls. I only have a skylight in the shower, no fan.
chucknviv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:56 AM   #13

Yes chucknix, that was my thinking too !

Tags
305, show, shower, sunseeker