Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2016, 09:41 AM   #1
Site Team

Rear Storage Bay AC Power Outlet Wiring

While I was winterizing our GTS I discovered an unusual "gotcha" regarding the AC power outlets inside the rear storage bay. When I plugged in a sonic pest control unit I didn't have power. I checked the GFI breaker and outlets and they were all working fine. Since I had just turned off the AC breakers I don't use while in storage I started turning them back on. Surprise, surprise, surprise... It seems the cargo bay AC outlet is wired to the AC heater of the water heater.... I thought this would have been part of the GFI "daisy chain" off the bathroom receptacle. That AC breaker is not labeled for anything except the water heater so it is not real obvious. Just wanted to pass this along in case someone else is chasing odd AC issues.....
Old 01-16-2017, 01:34 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post
...the AC power outlets inside the rear storage bay. ...
I've search high and low and I don't see the outlet you are referring too. Maybe they don't put the outlet in the rear cargo area on all 2800's?
pcryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 04:22 PM   #3
Site Team

Open the passenger side door for accessing the big rear storage compartment. Look up and to the right, towards front of the unit, and that is where my duplex AC power outlet is located.

I have an early production 2017 with the Dyson Vac and that is where the charger base is installed by FR. Since FR discontinued the Dyson they may have also removed that AC outlet. That wouldn't surprise me....
Old 01-16-2017, 04:28 PM   #4

Yep, you are right. Ours didn't come with the Dyson (no biggie) but it also didn't come with the plug.

On another subject: Do you have a problem with the cargo bays coming away from the outside walls. Almost looks like they are too small. I've checked all of ours and it is only significant on the rear one...of course that is the biggest one and will have the most weight in it!

Thanks for putting up with my questions.
pcryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 04:36 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcryer View Post
On another subject: Do you have a problem with the cargo bays coming away from the outside walls. Almost looks like they are too small. I've checked all of ours and it is only significant on the rear one...of course that is the biggest one and will have the most weight in it!
We do not have that problem yet... It's a fairly common problem with motor homes from everything I've read. I'm going to check out ours again this spring so if they are separating I can get a warranty claim in on the issue.

We did have a problem with the cargo bay door seals peeling off on our MBS. They would stick to the cargo door and peel off the frame when you opened the door. After they were replaced, under warranty, I started using a rubber protector / lubricant so they wouldn't stick...

Tags
power, storage, wiring