Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2018, 08:44 AM   #1
2014 SunSeeker 2300

Removing Jensen Tv

We now have the second Jenson TV in the front entertainment center and we just donít like this TV. I canít figure out how to access the mount that holds the TV. I donít want to destroy the cabinet to get to the back off it. Has anybody got a 2300 with the front entertainment center that knows how to remove the TV?

Tia
Alan
Old 01-26-2018, 09:20 AM   #2

Tim, I have found in the past that these RV televisions are locked down in a “snap in” situation. Lift up till you think you are doing so too much and it should snap out of it’s grip. It will raise up suddenly about 3/4” to one inch and fall forward into your arms. The first time I did this I was sure I was going to destroy something but it was the solution.
Good luck
Travel safe

I Catch Fish......What is your SuperPower?
FordHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 09:53 AM   #3
2014 SunSeeker 2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordHauler View Post
Tim, I have found in the past that these RV televisions are locked down in a ďsnap inĒ situation. Lift up till you think you are doing so too much and it should snap out of itís grip. It will raise up suddenly about 3/4Ē to one inch and fall forward into your arms. The first time I did this I was sure I was going to destroy something but it was the solution.
Good luck
Travel safe

I wondered about that but I pushed up to the point I was afraid of breaking something! Thanks for the info. When I get the courage (Not sure what Iím afraid of cause this Jenson is total junk) I will give it another shot. I am wanting to change this out anyway. Thanks for the info. So will any tv roughly the same size go back in its place or will I need to change out the mount?

Thanks!

Alan
Old 01-26-2018, 10:02 AM   #4

You won't necessarily need to change out the mount. There are VESA mount sizes listed for most TVs. When you get the TV off the wall, measure the distance between the mount holes on the back of it. Search on VESA size and enter the measurements. You then look for TVs with compatible mounting holes.

You can change out the mount (if you'd like), just try to install it as closely as possible to the original location.

For further explanations of the sizes, etc., see: https://www.ergotron.com/en-us/support/vesa-standard

We changed out the TVs and mounts on all of our RVs. It is very easy.
Never Enough Time Camping!!
ben31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 10:06 AM   #5
2014 SunSeeker 2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben31 View Post
You won't necessarily need to change out the mount. There are VESA mount sizes listed for most TVs. When you get the TV off the wall, measure the distance between the mount holes on the back of it. Search on VESA size and enter the measurements. You then look for TVs with compatible mounting holes.

You can change out the mount (if you'd like), just try to install it as closely as possible to the original location.

For further explanations of the sizes, etc., see: https://www.ergotron.com/en-us/support/vesa-standard

We changed out the TVs and mounts on all of our RVs. It is very easy.

Thanks! Iíve never had a decent tv in my RV until I changed them out but the others were not so difficult to see behind them. Thanks for your help. It is very much appreciated.

Alan
Old 01-26-2018, 10:07 AM   #6

Most wall mounts have two release tabs or screws to release the TV underneath and behind the TV. the TV hangs from the top and held in place at the bottom by these tabs or screws.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 10:22 AM   #7
2014 SunSeeker 2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Most wall mounts have two release tabs or screws to release the TV underneath and behind the TV. the TV hangs from the top and held in place at the bottom by these tabs or screws.
It would be much easier if this was a wall mount I think because I could actually see behind it. This one? I canít see anything. It is recessed into a cubby hole surround by wood trim. It was ordered new with the top bunk replaced with a front entertainment center. I plan to take it to my custom shop and have the junk radio with the junk speakers removed along with a remodel where the TV is now. Too much wasted space that I canít even reach unless I was around 7í tall or taller. Itís just ridiculous the way it was designed. Canít really understand anything coming out of the speakers.

I wonít get everything fixed on it that I want Iím sure but one at a time I will make a big dent. 😉

Alan

Tags
jensen