Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2018, 05:37 PM   #1

Replacement backup camera screen in Texas?

Some kind soul burgled my motorhome today. They took a bunch of stuff, which is annoying, but they also for some reason ripped the backup camera screen from the windshield. Now I'm driving like they did in olden days with no idea what's behind me. How did our forebears survive?

Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement in Texas? I'd rather not go back to San Antonio (we're not friends anymore) but pretty much anywhere else in Texas is in play.

It looks like it was an RVS 770619n system. Should I try to get the same model, or upgrade? So many fun decisions.
Old 03-29-2018, 05:48 PM   #2

That is tragic. Where were parked at?
Days camped 2021: 19
Days camped 2020: 18
Days camped 2019: 17
Chief T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 03:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief T View Post
Public parking lot near the Alamo at noon. I will remember the Alamo. Not fondly.

FYI, it turns out it's really easy for a jerk with a screwdriver and a hammer to knock out the locks in the cab doors. And the result is kind of un fixable. I talked to three Ford dealers and a bunch of locksmiths today. The last locksmith suggested rigging something solid in the former lock cylinder hole. A stop at Lowe's and $6 worth of hardware and I guess I'm fixed. I'm not sure what you're supposed to use an "elevator bolt" for, but it makes a pretty good lock hole filler.
Old 03-30-2018, 03:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbro View Post
Public parking lot near the Alamo at noon. I will remember the Alamo. Not fondly.

FYI, it turns out it's really easy for a jerk with a screwdriver and a hammer to knock out the locks in the cab doors. And the result is kind of un fixable. I talked to three Ford dealers and a bunch of locksmiths today. The last locksmith suggested rigging something solid in the former lock cylinder hole. A stop at Lowe's and $6 worth of hardware and I guess I'm fixed. I'm not sure what you're supposed to use an "elevator bolt" for, but it makes a pretty good lock hole filler.
Had a roomate with a k5 blazer when I lived in a bad neighborhood. They did that to his driver door. He did not fix it for the same reasons you are running into. All you had to do was stick your finger in and flip the lock latch up. The next week, same jerk most likely, did it to the passenger door too.

He ended up getting new doors at the scrap yard to fix it because it was easier than filling the hole and trying to realign the lock.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 01:00 PM   #5

Location: West, Texas (the town, not the western part of the state)
Been there, had that done with our car years ago. Stayed at a hotel near the Alamo and woke up to the local police fingerprinting our car. They caught the dudes in it hotwiring it.

The broken windows and ripped seats (wth?) were bad enough. Remember that episode of Seinfield where the valet stunk Jerry's car up? Yep, we had to drive back to Waco with all the remaining windows down and finally sold it because we couldn't get the funk out.
so sorry about your mh.
Old 03-31-2018, 01:36 PM   #6

Rvs is really good to deal with and should be able to ship over night to you. Happy Camping
Danesville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 01:22 PM   #7

It kind of depends on where you are headed to next. Call ahead to an RV dealer?

2015 23 BD Gray Wolf
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 TX Edition 2015 - 7 nights, 2 trips, 2016 - 2 trip, 24 nights, 2017 1 trip, 3 nights 2018 1 trip, 93 nights

mdstudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 04:35 PM   #8

I'm betting the Rim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief T View Post
I'm betting the Rim.
Timan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement