Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2016, 07:34 PM   #1

Replacement Love Seat

Has anyone replaced the factory install two person/love seat in a 3011DS or similiar unit with a Lazy Boy or Lane unit. If so do you have a model number of the unit you purchased to replace or maybe a pix of the new unit installed in you Forester. We are wishing to replace our original seat/couch with something more comfortable.

Thank you
Rockin M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 07:49 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Hello,
I just received a email from Lippert. They have a new line of furniture by the look of the email.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 10:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin M View Post
Has anyone replaced the factory install two person/love seat in a 3011DS or similiar unit with a Lazy Boy or Lane unit. If so do you have a model number of the unit you purchased to replace or maybe a pix of the new unit installed in you Forester. We are wishing to replace our original seat/couch with something more comfortable.

Thank you

I replaced my couch in our 3010 with a lay z boy love seat. I went with the James lazy boy collection. It was the right width. Really comfortable. I believe the model # is 480521 RE 994767. You will need to extend the slide floor to get full recline.
rekwiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:44 PM   #4

When you say "extend the slide floor", is that different than just putting out the slide?
Rossriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossriley View Post
When you say "extend the slide floor", is that different than just putting out the slide?

Yes, what I did was to make the slide floor bigger by 6 inches in depth to accommodate the full recline of the lazy boy love seats. By doing that we get the full recline, without the back of the love seat will hit the outer wall of the slide.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:05 AM   #6

rekwiat, you comment about extending the slide floor is consistent with friends of ours who also has a 3011DS and added recliners. My friend said he was able to purchase a piece of carpet that was almost identical to what is under the couch to cover the added piece of wood. Thank you
Rockin M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 11:29 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin M View Post
rekwiat, you comment about extending the slide floor is consistent with friends of ours who also has a 3011DS and added recliners. My friend said he was able to purchase a piece of carpet that was almost identical to what is under the couch to cover the added piece of wood. Thank you

Yup, got my carpet from Home Depot. Was on a stock roll and it's a match😄
Old 04-13-2016, 09:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekwiat View Post
Yes, what I did was to make the slide floor bigger by 6 inches in depth to accommodate the full recline of the lazy boy love seats. By doing that we get the full recline, without the back of the love seat will hit the outer wall of the slide.

Thinking about replacing my jack knife with 2 euro swivel recliners. When you get a chance can you post pic/sketch on your slide extension?
Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 09:17 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrette View Post
Thinking about replacing my jack knife with 2 euro swivel recliners. When you get a chance can you post pic/sketch on your slide extension?
Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Don't have a sketch, but I made the extension from aluminum angle stock and welded it to give me a 6 inch extension of the slide depth. I made the width the same dimension as the slide floor. I determined the 6 inch number after I had the love seat in place so that I could determine the number that gave me the full recline. I hope that this helps. Now all I need to do is sell the couch that I removed😄
Old 04-18-2016, 02:38 PM   #10

Does anyone have any idea on what the standard couch weighs on a 3011? When the time comes to replace it I'd like to keep the weight to something about the same or less.

RVr
newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement