Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2023, 07:31 AM   #1

Replacement reclining theater seat recommendations

I am looking for a good replacement reclining theater seat with center console and cup holders. I am considering cloth since the cheap fake leather stuff is only good for a couple of years. Any recommendations on brands, or websites, for a good quality reclining loveseat? This is in a 2016/2017 FR sunseeker 2800 qs. Also how is the material being used now? I want to avoid the peeling fake leather. I heard it was better now but still not sold.
Thanks for any response.
Retired BTC USN
Chesapeake, Virginia
charles l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 08:53 AM   #2

Rec Pro has some pretty good stuff. I just replaced all of my stuff and I got it from them.

https://www.recpro.com/rv-furniture/...hoC1kEQAvD_BwE
Sunseeker16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 09:11 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles l View Post
I am looking for a good replacement reclining theater seat with center console and cup holders. I am considering cloth since the cheap fake leather stuff is only good for a couple of years. Any recommendations on brands, or websites, for a good quality reclining loveseat? This is in a 2016/2017 FR sunseeker 2800 qs. Also how is the material being used now? I want to avoid the peeling fake leather. I heard it was better now but still not sold.
Thanks for any response.
Depends on the dimensions you need. I installed Thomas Payne Seismic Seating. The fake leather you're referring to is no longer used by the RV industry. TP has a 5 yr. warranty on their fabric.

https://store.lci1.com/seismic-theater-group-grummond

2022 FR3 34DS
2021 FR Wildwood Lodge 42FK
2017 Thor Chateau 24B
ForestGump34DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 09:38 AM   #4

I replaced the couch in my 2015 2801qs with the Thomas Payne theatre seating with heat and massage. Got a bit of a deal buying at an RV show and Im totally happy with them.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5222.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	306.1 KB
ID:	292538
Tombsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 02:25 PM   #5

We replaced ours with leather seating from Lay-Z-Boy. Going on 5 years now and they still look like new. We paid for delivery and they brought them to the storage yard where we kept ours.
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 04:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombsy View Post
I replaced the couch in my 2015 2801qs with the Thomas Payne theatre seating with heat and massage. Got a bit of a deal buying at an RV show and Im totally happy with them.Attachment 292538
Thank you for the info. Your slide should be the same size as mine. What size did you purchase?
I measured my slide and come up with 69 inches width. The 70 inch will not work. I believe there is a 68 inch width available. Can you tell me what size you were able to fit?
Retired BTC USN
Chesapeake, Virginia
Old 09-09-2023, 10:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Thank you for the info. Your slide should be the same size as mine. What size did you purchase?
I measured my slide and come up with 69 inches width. The 70 inch will not work. I believe there is a 68 inch width available. Can you tell me what size you were able to fit?

My slide is 70 wide and the recliners with the wide console is 69. Mine has cushions on the arms that hang over a bit further than the 69 but its no problem.

Name:   IMG_0706.jpg
Views: 1622
Size:  35.8 KB
Old 09-10-2023, 07:03 AM   #8
Kanadian Kamper

The latest measures come from within a Sunseeker 2800 and a Forester 2801.which should be identical units except for more bling of certain components.

One reports 69 and the other reports 70 wide in the slide. You would think theyd be identical in dimensions.

Either someone has a defective tape measure or ????

Hard to believe Forest River cut two different sized slides, but stranger things have happened. It does however sound like the Thomas Payne units should fit both slides because the widest part of them is the squeeze able armrests.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 07:22 AM   #9

Awesome, sounds like the 70 inch wide will work. Thanks for the help.
Retired BTC USN
Chesapeake, Virginia
Old 09-10-2023, 07:50 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunseeker16 View Post
Rec Pro has some pretty good stuff. I just replaced all of my stuff and I got it from them.

https://www.recpro.com/rv-furniture/...hoC1kEQAvD_BwE
From the description of material, these are "Suprima Leather" fabric.
Same as what I bought from them in 2019. Recpro Chrales 70" dual recliners. Barely used and they are delaminating badly. I use my rv less than 1 month a year. And during the pandemic, I probably used it 2 weeks.
There's bad news on the cushioning material too. I travel solo mostly and the side I tend to sit on most often is noticeably less cushiony than the other and the cushioning is coming loose, bunching up, from the leg supports
Cushions are breaking down in other words
Mohawk Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
2013 AWD Acadia Denali, Blue Ox Equipped
ChrisParise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 07:55 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisParise View Post
Same as what I bought from them in 2019. Recpro Chrales 70" dual recliners. Barely used and they are delaminating badly. I use my rv less than 1 month a year. And during the pandemic, I probably used it 2 weeks.
There's bad news on the cushioning material too. I travel solo mostly and the side I tend to sit on most often is noticeably less cushiony than the other and the cushioning is coming loose, bunching up, from the leg supports
I guess I should have mentioned that I replaced mine with fabric. I'll report back in 4 years with how they heldup.
Sunseeker16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 09:14 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunseeker16 View Post
I guess I should have mentioned that I replaced mine with fabric. I'll report back in 4 years with how they heldup.
Sounds good.

I am shocked RecPro continues to even advertise or carry Suprima Leather fabric. They must have received hundreds of complaints by now. To me, that would have called for a complete revamp of the product line including a removal of that covering. They are using the same language of durability and strength of materials from 5 years ago.
Mohawk Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
2013 AWD Acadia Denali, Blue Ox Equipped
ChrisParise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 12:14 PM   #13

We purchased a love seat that you mentioned you wanted. We got it from Bradd and Hall. They are in IN.
You can select from a ton of choices.
We got the electric recliners with a pull down in the middle for cup holders that also folds up and out of the way to allow someone to sit closer to you or for someone else to have a seat. Full reclines with just 3" wall clearance required.

We ordered it May 30 and it was delivered to DFW warehouse yesterday. We should get it this week for sure.

I did not care for the "RV suppliers" stuff. It look and from what everyone has been saying, is not made with the best material. This company has a large selection of leather to choose from and after you select the ones you would like to see, sill send you a nice sample of the material for you to choose from.

More to follow once delivery is made.
Flight Instructor Falcon 900XL
2015 Georgetown XL 360 DS
towing 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Falcon900Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 12:35 PM   #14

Quote:
Awesome, sounds like the 70 inch wide will work. Thanks for the help.

Do you have the wooden shelf with cup holders under the window?
I removed mine to get full extension on the seats but I reused it. I trimmed the length and it was the perfect width to fit between the wall and the rear bed slide for a side table.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5225.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	389.0 KB
ID:	292589
Old 09-10-2023, 02:48 PM   #15
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Do you have the wooden shelf with cup holders under the window?
I removed mine to get full extension on the seats but I reused it. I trimmed the length and it was the perfect width to fit between the wall and the rear bed slide for a side table.
Attachment 292589
Oh sure. But wheres the person on the other side of the bed supposed to put their drinks?

Ken and Terry
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
Old 09-11-2023, 05:59 PM   #16

Replacement reclining theater seat recommendations

We replaced our couch, which was very uncomfortable, with RecPro theatre seating, and are very happy with the new seating. The theatre seats are about 3 years old at this point, and show no wear. They recline, have cupholders, and storage in a center console plus a drawer at floor level. Installation was easy, they just bolt into place.
Old 09-11-2023, 06:38 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Oh sure. But wheres the person on the other side of the bed supposed to put their drinks?

Lol she has to improvise. [emoji3]
Old 09-11-2023, 06:51 PM   #18
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Lol she has to improvise. [emoji3]
Her: Im thirsty again. Can you pass me my drink?

You: Arrrrrrrrrgh

Ken and Terry
Old 09-12-2023, 04:00 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisParise View Post
That is not good. I keep hearing that the cheap flaking material is not used anymore. I will probably go with cloth or leather if it is not too pricey. Another concern is how do you get power for the heated and powered recline functions? My rv has no outlet on the passenger slide.
Retired BTC USN
Chesapeake, Virginia
Old 09-12-2023, 05:31 AM   #20

Another that would not recommend the RecPro leather.

We had two recliners and center console in our Forester replacing the jack knife sofa.

Three years of periodic use and the backs had mange, shedding everywhere.

RecPro said too bad the warranty is only one year.

Put the original jack knife back in before we traded in the coach.

Tags
heater, replacement