Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2022, 11:47 AM   #1

Replacing OEM Screw on metal tire valve and Ford OEM TPMS Sensor on 2021 Sunseeker, E4

Need to replace the screw on metal tire valve and Ford OEM TPMS sensor. Hubcap broke tire valve. Roadside service replaced tire valve, but not sensor. Unfortunately learned latter that sensor is detachable and I should have saved sensor.

Ford dealer using VIN is unable to locate sensor that will sync with on board factory system. Tried Discount Tire, also no.
Forest River tech claims that tire valves and TPMS sensors come mounted on chassis, directly from Ford.

Would greatly appreciate source and part numbers of tire valves and TPMS sensor that will sync with onboard Ford system.

Am currently using auxiliary TPMS system that covers Coach and towed Jeep. Lack of Factory sensor continually trips out information display.
hankfolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 12:59 PM   #2

TPMS

Check with an auto parts store. Auto Zone, NAPA, etc. I've been successful in finding auto parts there more so than at a dealer or other specialty shop.

Bob
Bob K4TAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 04:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K4TAX View Post
Check with an auto parts store. Auto Zone, NAPA, etc. I've been successful in finding auto parts there more so than at a dealer or other specialty shop.

Bob

Bob, tried them, NAPA came the closest, but no cigar. Called the Ford help line, left message [emoji15]. Will try again next week.

Hank Folk
W5SZ
Old 08-18-2022, 10:25 PM   #4
Site Team

I will look tomorrow when i get to shop. I have an autel tpms programner that has a database of OE sensor numbers. I've noticed the GM trailer sensors in the unit but havent paid attention if it may have Ford. I will see in thr morning when I get back to work and see if we are lucky.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 11:41 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankfolk View Post
Need to replace the screw on metal tire valve and Ford OEM TPMS sensor. Hubcap broke tire valve. Roadside service replaced tire valve, but not sensor. Unfortunately learned latter that sensor is detachable and I should have saved sensor.

Ford dealer using VIN is unable to locate sensor that will sync with on board factory system. Tried Discount Tire, also no.
Forest River tech claims that tire valves and TPMS sensors come mounted on chassis, directly from Ford.

Would greatly appreciate source and part numbers of tire valves and TPMS sensor that will sync with onboard Ford system.

Am currently using auxiliary TPMS system that covers Coach and towed Jeep. Lack of Factory sensor continually trips out information display.

What Ford chassis is your motorhome built on? I don't know what an E4 is listed in your title.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 08-19-2022, 06:34 AM   #6

Sensor for 2021 Sunseeker 2850, Ford E450

It’s built on the E450 Cutaway Chassis.

Hank Folk
W5SZ
Old 08-19-2022, 06:46 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankfolk View Post
It’s built on the E450 Cutaway Chassis.

Hank Folk
W5SZ

Looking at Rockauto online for a 2021 E450 returned this OE TPMS:

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...=12036&jsn=602
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-08-19 at 06-50-38 2021 FORD E-450 7.3L V8 Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS).png
Views:	39
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	278019  

Old 08-19-2022, 01:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Looking at Rockauto online for a 2021 E450 returned this OE TPMS:

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...=12036&jsn=602

Thanks.
Unfortunately this appears to be the same valve/TPMS unit that the local Ford dealer tried. It would not sync and it is not a metal screw on valve with detachable sensor.

I have about decided to take the rig back to Discount Tire or comparable, and have the break the other front tire open and take a picture of the sensor. Hopefully there is a Ford # that can be cross referenced.

Never a dull moment in owning an RV[emoji30].

Hank
W5SZ
Old 08-19-2022, 03:54 PM   #9

This fits your description. It is listed for F250-450 but not E450, which is a common occurrence with the E450 cab chassis after 2014.
Ford PN: FR3Z1A189A

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk toad
2017.5 Forester 3051S Traded 7/2020
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 08:33 PM   #10

At last. Without having seen the original Valve/TPMS sensor, the Valve alone is correct. All the more reason to break open the tire and get the Ford part number off of it.
When I had to replace a tire which was punctuated right on the sidewall, Discount Tire automatically replaced the tire valve, the said that the sensor is simply screwed on to the valve.
Thanks for the research. I use Summit frequently, but never considered looking for Tire valve and TPMS sensors at Summit.

Hank
W5SZ

Tags
2021, ford, sunseeker, tire, tpms, valve