Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2016, 04:15 PM   #1
2020 Forester 2851SLE

Roof leak on a 2015 Sunseeker 3010DS

Hello,
Anyone out there experience any roof leaks on their SS 3010DS units? Just noticed that ours is leaking over the cab in the bunk area. Inside there is a piece of ceiling trim that runs over the bunk area that has water leaking in when in heavy rain. Probably coming in from the seam on exterior where the main roof joins the cab over piece. Any recommendations? Considering just slapping a bunch of caulk on it and taking it to the rally in August to have some experts look at it rather than trust it to any of the local dealer service folks - opinions?
Old 04-09-2016, 09:36 AM   #2

Have you inspected the Dicor on the roof? I have had to apply additional Dicor on more than one occasion to the roof of our 2016 2300C. It seems to develop small cracks that could lead to leaks. Dior is good stuff, but you need to keep an eye on it.

The only leak we have had was traced to the air conditioner gasket. I snugged it up and the leak went away. That took two tries, but it did work. In our case the water was collecting in the ac distribution box (the cover that screws up to the bottom of the ac) and then dripping on the floor. It could travel to the front bunk area so might be worth checking the gasket.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell
SS Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 09:59 AM   #3
2020 Forester 2851SLE

Thanks for the response. The dicor seal looks good all around. I will check the A/C gasket and its fastening.

I am suspicious about the Yellow Clearance lights over the cab, the gaskets on them look like they are cracking - much more than one would expect for an 18 month old unit. I need to make some time to get them checked and replaced. Anyone out there see issues with them?
Old 04-23-2016, 12:47 PM   #4

dealing with same issue

I had same issue with my 2014, gallons of water. I unscrewed the front cap above windshield and water poured out. I used EternaBond tape on all seems and re caulked all windows and running lights. I would have never thought this would happen to such a new RV. Sucks when you spend this much money only to learn that the factory cuts every corner they can to make a buck. My bumper to bumper warranty want cover water damage cause they know what a **** job they do making these RVs. I love my RV but hate the lack of effort from FR when it comes to design and install of a roof.
kitejunky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:30 AM   #5
2020 Forester 2851SLE

Thanks for the info. The vehicle is in the shop and they are trying to figure out where the water is coming from. So far they are stumped. I'll make them aware of your experience.
Old 10-27-2019, 07:20 PM   #6

I just had to have the seal between my cab replaced and all of those top running lights resealed because I had a major leak on my 2014 SS 3010ds
Dharani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 01:09 PM   #7

I did a video on applying Eternabond tape to all seams on the roof. Definitely get that done. It will give you a lot of peace of mind for the seams.

But the marker lights can also be the problem and I worry about mine. My brother made 2 attempts at fixing a leak on his class C before figuring out it was a marker light leaking. Anyone know how to remove and reseal the marker lights on these rigs?

Tags
leak, roo, roof, sunseeker