Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2020, 07:06 PM   #1

RV Build Specifications

I have a question and it may be a stupid one, but here goes. Are all RV models built and equipped for the destination they are going to or are they all built the same? Example, I have a 3010 DS that I bought from a dealer in New York with the intention of using it in Missouri. The temperatures in New York can't compare to the temperatures in Missouri in the heat of summer. So I could realistically imagine a manufacturer building a unit destined for New York with a smaller AC unit for example than a unit destined for Missouri. I doubt this is the case because they assume a unit will never be in one geographic area. I also understand that someone could order a unit specifically knowing where they will be using it like the desert area where temps are much higher and maybe want different equipment. Just a thought
Sunseeker16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 07:11 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

I always say you should never say ALL,

But I believe ALL units are built the same way on the assembly line, because there’s another department that deals with distribution and deliveries. Besides, some dealers may contact other dealers to swap or trade units between locations and cannot control units being different based on climate.......let alone where you might end up camping with it.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 07:21 PM   #3

Units are built the way the dealer orders them. A dealer in Minnesota may opt to always order the Arctic Pac tank heaters but may order 13.5k BTU A/Cs, because that’s what their customers might want. Florida and Texas dealers may skip the Arctic Pac but definitely order the bigger 15K A/C. If a dealer has a hard time selling Trekker cap class C units, they may chose to order them all with over cab bunks. Some dealers may order every available option.

If you order your RV and wait for it to be built, you can chose whatever you want from the available options. Other than the options chosen, I believe they’re all the same for the country they are built for.

At one time we were interested in the Thor Axis or Vegas RV. The dealer said there were no options or deletes permitted. Other than the exterior color, the units were all built the same way. We decided against that product for a number of reasons, but the lack of customization options was a factor.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:44 AM   #4
Commercial Member

it all depends on how dealers order their inventory. most of our dealers regardless of where they are located stock their units with the bigger 15K ac with heat pump, but no we offer a dual AC option with power shedding. Many dealers in the warmer climates are ordering their bigger floor plans with this option.
karykatz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 10:53 AM   #5

I have the dual AC as you mentioned. But what is “power shedding”?
AttilaTheHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 01:30 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Since we don't have a 50 amp service we use a power shedding system that allows you to run both AC's without interruption when there is a spike in amperage. Say you have both AC's running and you want to use you microwave there isn't enough amperage to support everything without throwing a breaker. The power shedding system recognizes there is too much power and shuts temporarily shuts off the 2nd acs compressor (not the fan) until the microwave turns off. This all happens without you knowing. Its one of the benefits of our system. I hope this helps.
karykatz is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat