Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2017, 02:53 PM   #21
2014 SunSeeker 2300

Update: I called our Dish provider/installer and the y have the equipment on hand no matter what I wanted. For what we want to do he suggested the Playmaker as it has metal gears inside versus plastic gears. He suggested two 50' cables so we would be able to go out further if needed. They will install it and verify that everything works as it should. He said RVs are the most difficult as the people that build them don't seem to have a clue how they need to be wired for television. Some are wired correct and some are not and he said some have the cabling but they didn't get them hooked up or not tight. The whole package is $429 out the door. As someone said earlier my Hopper will not work on this setup. Thanks for all your input.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:02 PM   #22

That sounds like a great deal to me. Good luck, I think you will like it when done.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:45 PM   #23
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

If you use Tailgater, Playmaker, or similar setups you will need VIP211 or Wally receiver to get it to work. If use a Hopper you need to get a fixed manual tripod antenna for it. Depending on locations you need different antenna heads. When I was in Arizona I need the Western Arc LBN and in U.P. of Michigan I needed the Eastern Arc LBN. I tried the Western Arc in Michigan and I only got limited SD channels. I had the PROs come out to straight me out.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 05:56 PM   #24

When using tailgate satellite system does the receiver that I have inserted in the main tv with HDMI cable allow me to use receiver on all three televisions or only the one I have it connected to.
Dbcapps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 06:06 PM   #25
2014 SunSeeker 2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbcapps View Post
When using tailgate satellite system does the receiver that I have inserted in the main tv with HDMI cable allow me to use receiver on all three televisions or only the one I have it connected to.

I would assume (I am the OP and I know very little) from my questions that it would only work if you moved the receiver from TV to TV. It will not run all three at one time.
Old 08-18-2017, 06:45 PM   #26

You could invest in wireless HDMI for all the TV's.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:12 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
I had a Tailgater for a few years and had no issues. I now have a Dish Playmaker (a dome receiver) and like the foot print a lot better and it is more compact than the Tailgater. Both of these antennas only provide a single output so if 2 TV indipendent viewing is what you want neither will provide that. The Wally receiver is a compact RF remotely controlled unit with excellent characteristics. It only provides an HDMI output for HD viewing. The only VIP211 series receiver that has HDMI and coax outputs is the VIP211K. Of course coax will only provide SD viewing. The Wally is cheaper if you purchase it through Dish. The Playmaker is among the least expensive antennas. As with all carryouts that have a very small dish a pretty clear unobstructed view of the Southern sky is a requirement. The Playmaker does seem to outperform the tailgater in this area. Wireless HDMI interconnect is also another option installed by several forum members. An unobstructed ( no splitters etc.) coax interconnect between the antenna and receiver is a requirement. The Dish receiver provides the power for the antenna through the coax interconnect. The antenna can be placed just about anywhere (ground/table/roof etc). I have not had any issues with Dish network at home or in the RV for a number of years. Many choices available.

Hi I am thinking of buying a playmaker and saw that you owned one do you have anyway of securing it when your gone from camp I noticed tailgater has a handle which I could slip a cable lock through but not seeing any place to do that with a playmaker any help would be appreciated
Exusps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:24 PM   #28

The Playmaker does have a handle as I believe all carry-outs do. I have never had an issue with someone walking off with any of my carry-outs but I am always located in a commercial camp ground (I don't boondock). Most of the time I put the dish on the roof of my motorhome and secure thru the handle to the air conditioner shroud for wind issues. The shape of the Playmaker (domed) is smaller than the original Tailgater (cubed). I have not had any issues with the Playmaker even when I had a 150 coax link to get away from trees. That link along with the MH internal coax would be over 200 ft.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:30 PM   #29

Thank you for your reply I am glad to hear it has a handle just didn't see one pictured also good to hear you haven't had any problems with theft just was worried since we plan to leave camp for fishing and it seemed like an easy temptation
Exusps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 05:31 AM   #30
2014 SunSeeker 2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exusps View Post
Thank you for your reply I am glad to hear it has a handle just didn't see one pictured also good to hear you haven't had any problems with theft just was worried since we plan to leave camp for fishing and it seemed like an easy temptation

If you don’t have a Wally the Dish is pretty useless. I’ve been ‘lucky’ enough to hit a few very shady parks that I could not get out far enough to find the Sattelite. Be aware that you will run into this on occasion.

Alan
Old 04-10-2018, 06:04 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awilson View Post
If you don’t have a Wally the Dish is pretty useless. I’ve been ‘lucky’ enough to hit a few very shady parks that I could not get out far enough to find the Sattelite. Be aware that you will run into this on occasion.

Alan
Without a receiver, any satellite dish is useless. The VIP211k is still the best Dish receiver in my opinion.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, satellite, select