Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2018, 08:05 AM   #1

Satellite pre-wired?

Does anyone know if my 2018 Sunseeker 2400W is pre-wired for a roof mounted satellite dish?
michael.wehrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 08:18 AM   #2

I know that Georgetowns are wired that way. Does your TV antenna switch have a satellite position? That would be the first clue. Is there what looks like a plumbing vent on the front roof. On mine there was a 4 wire telephone cable and a coax inside it once the cover was removed.

i have a hard time keeping the class C designs from FR separate, but the attached wiring diagram from the 24R shows one.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 24R-2400R-2401R Roof.pdf (127.4 KB, 98 views)

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 05:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBrownstein View Post
I know that Georgetowns are wired that way. Does your TV antenna switch have a satellite position? That would be the first clue. Is there what looks like a plumbing vent on the front roof. On mine there was a 4 wire telephone cable and a coax inside it once the cover was removed.

i have a hard time keeping the class C designs from FR separate, but the attached wiring diagram from the 24R shows one.
Thanks. I will look on the roof when I get back.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:28 AM   #4

Jus an update on this topic. I contacted Forest River Technical support. They were very helpful. My 2018 Sunseeker is pre-wired for Sattelire on the roof. They provide a male via connection in front of the forward vent. I installed the Playmaker and the Wally and everything works great.

Tags
lite, satellite