Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2017, 01:12 AM   #21

Good luck with that, my 16 sabre had several staples through the coax inside. Under warranty, I insisted they run a new rg6 coax line directly from a new wall plate by the receiver through to the outside of the unit, abandoning all the crap they pulled through it in the factory. Short of that, you're gonna be chasing your tail.
dwarsocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 05:37 AM   #22
"On the road again"

On our 2017 Cardinal, I experienced the same thing. Eventually I pulled the panel to see BEHIND the docking station area (where water, cable, satellite, etc. enter). I found a splitter back there but the problem was...the INPUT for the satellite was attached to one of the OUTPUT sides. I disconnected it and the cable that was attached to the INPUT and swapped them.

Instant fix - and five months later it's still working fine.

I can't help but wonder if someone did that just to cause grief - or perhaps it was lunch time, or a new employee, or who-knows-what, but that was a stupid mistake.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:25 PM   #23
Adult Member

We also have a 2017 Sunseeker. As I have previous mentioned, we connected a 100 ft coax cable to the satelite port on the roof and ran it across the roof to the ladder on the back of the mh where we can then attach it to our portable dish. Turn off the antenna and connect your receiver to the satelite port located to the left above the door. It is not located in the enclosed cabinet. It is a brown outlet. We leave the coax permanently attached to the roof & store the excess to our ladder when traveling. I hope this is not too confusing.
punkinpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:06 PM   #24

Satellite hook up two multiple TV’s

I was able to find our external connector for the dish. We are going to order the Dish pathway x2. My question is if I get a second receiver (Wally) is there a way through the internal wiring to run the second cable from the x2 to the same plate (junction box) and the have sat tv on the outside tv as well as the one in the bedroom. The primary tv is above the cab which is going to run through the external port (port 1.) From dish. Thanks
Steveanddianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:58 PM   #25
Adult Member

Steve, I believe we have another sat connect in the bedroom by our other TV. I think we just have to connect a coax cable from it to another receiver and then coax to tv but we have not used that tv so I am not sure if that will work. Our mh is stored for the winter so I can not try that. Good luck.
punkinpie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, satellite