Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2021, 12:57 PM   #1

Shower head loose from the wall

I updated my Forester with a new Oxygenics showerhead when I first bought my motorhome. After being at the factory for a major repair (roof and pass side, where the shower stall is attached) the screw that held in the shower head and the entire wall are very loose the shower does not sit right when I use it (being 6'3" it shoots too low). What is behind the wall at this location, between shower wall and bedroom closet that I could use to possibly sure up the shower wall or specifically the shower head bracket?

Thanks in advance for any help.
JoePa77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 03:42 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

I’m a little confused.....doesn’t take much.

Is your Oxygenics shower head on an outside wall, or does it share a wall with a bedroom closet?

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 04:01 PM   #3

Thanks for the question so i can clarify the confusion.

The showerhead is in the shower. The shower liner is attached to walls on three sides with a shower door on the 4th side to get in and out. The side where the shower head is basically on the right when looking into the shower. And just past the wall on the right is the bedroom with the closet part of the bedroom being on the opposite side of that wall where the shower is located.

So since everything on that wall is loose I am wondering what may be in that wall that I can connect the shower stall wall or at least the shower head bracket to that would be stronger.

Hope this helps, I am not good at explaining myself at times.
Old 04-21-2021, 07:36 AM   #4
Kanadian Kamper

Although the floor plan layout of my rig is different than yours, there is an access panel at the back of my shower taps which happens to be on the wall of the bedroom. It allows a good access point to see some of the interior construction of the wall. See attached photo.

In your rig, I would make an opening inside your bedroom closet which shares the same wall as your shower taps. This is something you might need sometime in the future, so it’ll serve a purpose. An access panel will basically be invisible until you open the bedroom closet, so how you cover it, will be your decision because it will follow the “out of site, out of mind” design.

This should allow you to secure the shower head better for your situation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4FFB2582-AE32-44E9-A5F0-F38586B85AD0.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	276.4 KB
ID:	252569  

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 07:41 AM   #5

Wow, the simplest suggestions are always the best. I did not think of this but it will always be part of my troubleshooting from now on. This seems to be you can't see the forest because of the trees moment.

Thank you so much for your suggestion, you have helped me in the past and I will surely need help again as I learn more with each issue I come across.

Travel safe and hopefully we will have an open border soon and can travel back and forth.

Jim

Tags
show, shower