Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2020, 03:54 PM   #1

Side cameras

I am trying to find out how the side view cameras are wired on my 2015 Forester. The cameras are mounted on the mirrors and they are an RVS Systems cameras. I would like to see how hard they are to replace since they want to work when they want to.The back camera works great it's just the side views.
I have been searching for quite awhile and all over this forum site and the internet but no luck with that. Any help will be appreciated ,Thanks.
FishRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 03:24 PM   #2
Commercial Member

I believe we have replacement cameras from our vendor. I'm checking now and will let you know.
karykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 03:31 PM   #3
Commercial Member

here is the Forest river part number for the Velvac mirror camera we sued to use. Yiou should be able to order form a Forest river dealer.

CAMERA ONLY, USED IN THE VELVAC MIRRORS ONLY FOR ALL CLASS 'C' MOTORHOMES 20X53433A
Old 08-17-2020, 04:16 PM   #4
Certified Curmudgeon

Do you have a dash screen or rear view mirror screen as KaryK is addressing.
For a dash screen, the coax from the side mirror cams connect on the rear of the dash unit. You might want to check to see if they are loose. (panasonic) YMMV
Old 08-17-2020, 05:41 PM   #5

I have the rear view camera, not the in dash unit.I just want to see if I am able to replace them or need a repair shop.Just not sure how they are wired. Thanks for any and all replies.
Old 08-17-2020, 05:48 PM   #6
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishRich View Post
I have the rear view camera, not the in dash unit.I just want to see if I am able to replace them or need a repair shop.Just not sure how they are wired. Thanks for any and all replies.
Im confused. What are you looking at when you see the back camera view?
Old 08-18-2020, 08:06 AM   #7

A monitor mounted on the windshield,like a rear view camera.
Old 08-18-2020, 09:03 AM   #8
Certified Curmudgeon

Im translating your response to mean like a rear view mirror instead of “like a rear view camera”. I believe KaryK is thinking your mirror cameras do not work. I am hearing that they work intermittently. Since it is both of them, I suggest you follow the wires from the mirror/monitor to this box (probably under the dash somewhere. Since FR likes to run the coax from the rear camera under the step well on the drivers side, I would look on that side for the box. It just might be loose connectors or not. YMMV
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	250BD385-10CD-47F1-B4F0-4BC4F3EDEFEF.jpeg
Views:	109
Size:	220.1 KB
ID:	236842  
Old 08-18-2020, 09:24 AM   #9
Commercial Member

thanks Ducky

I misunderstood. It may be the switcher box that you described that needs addressed.
Old 08-18-2020, 10:45 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by karykatz View Post
thanks Ducky

I misunderstood. It may be the switcher box that you described that needs addressed.
Kary have a 2016 2800QS the right side view camera just started have a blue screen/ no signal, I would think just a lose wire to the connection box? thanks Don
Dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 11:03 AM   #11
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcbenny View Post
Kary have a 2016 2800QS the right side view camera just started have a blue screen/ no signal, I would think just a lose wire to the connection box? thanks Don
Possible but not likely. Do you have the cameras in the mirrors and the rear view mirror display monitor? or do you have the coach body side mounted cameras with an in dash monitor like mine?
Old 08-18-2020, 11:08 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
Possible but not likely. Do you have the cameras in the mirrors and the rear view mirror display monitor? or do you have the coach body side mounted cameras with an in dash monitor like mine?
I have side mounted cameras on the coach body with the rear view mirror monitor (not in dash monitor) thanks Ducky
Old 08-18-2020, 11:56 AM   #13
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcbenny View Post
I have side mounted cameras on the coach body with the rear view mirror monitor (not in dash monitor) thanks Ducky
OK, then you would have a separate control box so it would not hurt to check it but if you are getting the blue screen of death than there is signal/power coming from the control box to the mirror display. That would tilt the scale towards a bad camera. The body side mounted eyeball should be significantly cheaper than a mirror cam.
Old 08-18-2020, 12:14 PM   #14

Quote:
OK, then you would have a separate control box so it would not hurt to check it but if you are getting the blue screen of death than there is signal/power coming from the control box to the mirror display. That would tilt the scale towards a bad camera. The body side mounted eyeball should be significantly cheaper than a mirror cam.
thanks Ducky guess i will have it checked out by my extended warranty
Old 10-20-2020, 09:43 AM   #15

Side view camera

I have a 2019 Sunseeker MBS with the side view cameras mounted on the body. I have a pioneer radio. The rear view camera works well, but the side cameras will flash when I turn on the turn signal and then goes to a radio screen. I am lost as to how to keep the side view camera on during turns.
rgt3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 09:45 AM   #16

Quote:
Im translating your response to mean like a rear view mirror instead of “like a rear view camera”. I believe KaryK is thinking your mirror cameras do not work. I am hearing that they work intermittently. Since it is both of them, I suggest you follow the wires from the mirror/monitor to this box (probably under the dash somewhere. Since FR likes to run the coax from the rear camera under the step well on the drivers side, I would look on that side for the box. It just might be loose connectors or not. YMMV
Where is this located on the 2019 Sunseeker mbs
rgt3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 10:26 AM   #17
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgt2000 View Post
Where is this located on the 2019 Sunseeker mbs
I am not familiar with MBS installations. On mine it looks like it was installed before the panasonic was utilizing the hole to access the mounting point. So I can reach up and check connections but if I had to get to it I would need to disassemble the dash.

Tags
camera