Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #1

SiriusXM Antenna routing-

I just ordered the Sirius-XM Tuner kit for installation into my 3011DS. Does anyone who has installed the antenna have advice for routing and placement?? I had this posted earlier, but I think it was in the wrong thread, so... Thanks!
DennyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:42 AM   #2

I had the dealership install my Sirius XM antenna. The tuner is small and can fit in the opening between the dash console (just right of radio) and rear engine cover. My antenna is mounted on the roof above my cab bunk. You can run the small wire under the door trim (above door) and towards the interior. There are trim pieces that cover the corners where the walls meet. You maybe able to push the wire under the trim. The dealer installed an inside cover below the ceiling where the wire goes through the roof.

The radio is easy to remove from the dash by using the two U shaped tools. I had to wire tie the Sirius XM tuner cable where it plugs into the lower corner of the radio. It came loose and I lost signals once.

2013 Forester #3051SF
2009 Toyoda Tacoma (toad)
2010 Newmar Dutchstar (Sold)
2011 Fleetwood Bounder (Sold)
trwmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #3

I connected the XM unit to the Magnadyne but did not get an XM-Sirius icon on the menu screen!! I may however have the wrong XM tuner. I bought the V200 and I read in the Magnadyne manual that the V100 is referenced! Anybody else make this error?? Or should the 200 function ok?
Old 09-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #4

My tuner is model #SXV200. Do you have the Sirius antenna plugged into the tuner? Also push in the tuner cable plug that goes in the back of the Magnadyne, it can come lose when you pull the radio and reinstall it from the dash. So, I decided to wire tie it to other wires.

You may need to call Sirius Radio to move your account over or establish a new one.

2013 Forester #3051SF
2009 Toyoda Tacoma (toad)
2010 Newmar Dutchstar (Sold)
2011 Fleetwood Bounder (Sold)
trwmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #5

Problem solved! For some reason the Satellite function was turned off on my Magnadyne unit. You have to go to "Setup" to access the System Interface and then toggle on the Satellite Icon. It is on page 7/8 in the Magnadyne manual. You can actually turn on/off many functions in this menu.

Tags
antenna, sirius xm