Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2020, 08:35 AM   #21
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecoachdriver View Post
I never touched that calibration only the did the one shown in youtube video to set stops by extending and drawing slide in a foot then back out a number of times. I have good sealing and it doesn't push out the fascia. This is not the calibration you are talking about, right? Anyway, it ain't broke so no need to fix it!
No, it is a different calibration. The procedure you did synchronizes the motors.
That is important. The “stops” are a product of resistance causing an electrical event which is known as the Hall Effect. Technically you cannot physically set stops on a Schwintek in wall slideout.

The important piece is that after you sync your motors, your slide(s) work perfectly. Lucky you.
Old 09-02-2020, 02:47 PM   #22

Duckogram, my only issue now with the slides is the seals don't flip the way they should. I have a problem when it rains on the top of my livingroom slide out. I have to make sure the MH allow the water to drain off the slide instead of coming back to the flipped seal and leaking BIG TIME. I saw my dealer add non slip step strips to the slides to prevent this.
2018 Camping 10 trips 38 nights
2019 Camping 6 trips 19 nights
2020 Camping 0 trips Cancellations 6
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 03:00 PM   #23
Certified Curmudgeon

Thats a whole different subject.
Old 09-02-2020, 05:06 PM   #24

Thank you Sagecoach and Duckogram. I do have a warranty appointment almost 6 weeks from now, but we are headed out for a 3 week trip in 10 days and I was hoping for an easier fix that I could handle. Once it is fixed I will post the outcome and the fix.
ScotS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 05:49 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotS View Post
Thank you Sagecoach and Duckogram. I do have a warranty appointment almost 6 weeks from now, but we are headed out for a 3 week trip in 10 days and I was hoping for an easier fix that I could handle. Once it is fixed I will post the outcome and the fix.
You could ask the dealer for suggestions on a temporary fix.
Where you headed? I’m going to venture out with the MH for the first time in 9 months next week. The DW had hip replacement surgery last December and then the pandemic hit. Spending days getting ready and 5 hours washing and waxing the MH. Testing all the things and the only thing so far is the smoke alarm started to signal for battery replacement.
Old 09-02-2020, 06:11 PM   #26
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Duckogram, my only issue now with the slides is the seals don't flip the way they should. I have a problem when it rains on the top of my livingroom slide out. I have to make sure the MH allow the water to drain off the slide instead of coming back to the flipped seal and leaking BIG TIME. I saw my dealer add non slip step strips to the slides to prevent this.
OK, ScotS is gone so... Non skid will work but its rather gritty and might wear/tear the sweeps. Most folks I have seen deal with that issue use some thin automotive plastic body side moulding. Peel and stick variety, comes in colors and it does not need to go all the way across.
Old 09-02-2020, 07:16 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
OK, ScotS is gone so... Non skid will work but its rather gritty and might wear/tear the sweeps. Most folks I have seen deal with that issue use some thin automotive plastic body side moulding. Peel and stick variety, comes in colors and it does not need to go all the way across.
Thanks, that’s a great idea! Plus adding another on closer to the fascia on top may prevent water intrusion.
Old 09-02-2020, 07:45 PM   #28
Certified Curmudgeon

The Drip

Quote:
Thanks, that’s a great idea! Plus adding another on closer to the fascia on top may prevent water intrusion.
Edit: Should mention that you might not want to put it parallel to the sweep. If a large portion of the sweep grabs all at once it can create too much resistance and also pop. I’m thinking a 10* angle should prevent that.

Yes and a diagonal on the side aids in directing drainage away from the coach as well. Not needed if you have toppers though. Next week - Curb feelers

Tags
slide