Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2020, 10:27 AM   #1

Slide out slid in on its own

Imagine my alarm in the middle of the night last night when my slide out began sliding in on its own. I was asleep in bed, and the walls started moving! It was like that elevator at the haunted mansion!

This morning I can't get the slide out to slide back out. Is there some kind of a reset procedure?
Parkfreeon6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 11:14 AM   #2

Couple more details - the title should be slide out slid IN on its own. I have also noticed that it is a little caterwaulupped - the back of this long slide out didn't retract quite as much as the front. Probably an inch difference.

It is an electric, not a hydraulic, slide out.

I know there is some kind of manual procedure I am going to have to dig up.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:47 PM   #3

I would take a look at the slide controller for error codes. The controller is located behind the panel below the cooktop/stove just above the floor.
Either the controller or the wiring/switch has failed. There are 2 leds on the controller which will flash error codes when they occur.
To move it manually you must remove the motors on the top of each side behind the slide seal. Not an easy task.

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk toad
2017.5 Forester 3051S Traded 7/2020
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:02 PM   #4

Thanks! I will look at that. The manual procedure sounds diabolical!
Old 01-25-2020, 02:28 PM   #5

My 5er had slides that went out on their own. Never found out why before I traded it in. I popped a relay making the slides not want to move. I don’t know if you have the same set up but the relay was mounted on the wall near the battery. Buttons are inside a rubber cover. I had popped 2 out of the 3 relays. I just pushed the buttons in to reset it. Hope this helps if you have a similar set up.
Philandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 11:19 PM   #6
TARVIDSON

If that is a Lippert slide(Schwintek), you simply have to unhook the power to the motors at the controller(that releases the brakes that are built in to the motors) and you can physically push the slide if you have enough push. Do a search for schwintek or LCI or Lippert slides and you will find videos that explain the whole system. If you have one side out farther than the other you can also override the controller(see the video), have someone push the button to move the slide while you push the side that is dragging and get it to move back to out or in. They also have phone tech to help out. I had to do all of this last fall.
TARVIDSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 09:00 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkfreeon6th View Post
Imagine my alarm in the middle of the night last night when my slide out began sliding in on its own. I was asleep in bed, and the walls started moving! It was like that elevator at the haunted mansion!

This morning I can't get the slide out to slide back out. Is there some kind of a reset procedure?
Try this. I think they are running the same slide system on that one (or similar)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 09:21 AM   #8
07 Coachman Legend 42`

My old 05 Georgetown used to do that. The reason was the seals on the hydraulic ram leaked, allowing fluid to pass thus not holding the ram out in the extended position. I replaced the ram and stopped the problem. Hope this helps.

Tripp
TrippinOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 10:26 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippinOnIt View Post
My old 05 Georgetown used to do that. The reason was the seals on the hydraulic ram leaked, allowing fluid to pass thus not holding the ram out in the extended position. I replaced the ram and stopped the problem. Hope this helps.

Tripp
OP stated it is NOT hydraulic
nayther is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out