Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2015, 07:21 PM   #1

Slide Pantry

Has anyone had problems with the full slide pantry. There are a set of drawer glides on the side and one slide at the very top to keep it from hanging low when it is all the way out. All the bearings on the top glide are falling out and the glide appears to be disconnected. It supports nothing!!

It is in the shop now for this repair, but the parts need to be ordered.

This sure seems to be a poor design. Has anyone added another set of drawer glides to help support the pantry ?
5hfarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:40 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hfarms View Post
Has anyone had problems with the full slide pantry. There are a set of drawer glides on the side and one slide at the very top to keep it from hanging low when it is all the way out. All the bearings on the top glide are falling out and the glide appears to be disconnected. It supports nothing!!

It is in the shop now for this repair, but the parts need to be ordered.

This sure seems to be a poor design. Has anyone added another set of drawer glides to help support the pantry ?
Reading thru this forum sure show these Foresters seem to have their problems right out of the factory. We just ordered a new 3171DS, thinking they were the better built units in their class. What model do you have?
benagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:47 PM   #3

pantry

We have a 2015 3051S. We love it, but have had a couple of small problems. The pantry comes in two sections, which makes it much lighter and practical. I guess they learn from their mistakes, but I have to live with their mistake.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:52 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Bengai, It's been stated on these forums before, but in any forum, the majority of things that you'll see are the problems, people aren't as quick to post "hey, my unit is perfect...just thought I'd mention it" Plus, just like the news we tend to navigate to the bad news.

We have lots of units in the field and I see a very small percentage of issues.

If we had lots of issues and unhappy customers, I would probably not be here in the open helping. I would be hiding. Or finding a new place of employment.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:13 PM   #5

pantry slide

BClemins, I am one of those that is very positive about my Forester, just trying to make things better. I saw the newer model and would love to have the pantry in two pieces rather than the one large pantry slide. I was only asking if some one may have a fix for this issue. But we do love our Forester. Do you think an extra set of drawer glides would work and do you think I could make this happen
Old 04-02-2015, 08:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Bengai, It's been stated on these forums before, but in any forum, the majority of things that you'll see are the problems, people aren't as quick to post "hey, my unit is perfect...just thought I'd mention it" Plus, just like the news we tend to navigate to the bad news.

We have lots of units in the field and I see a very small percentage of issues.

If we had lots of issues and unhappy customers, I would probably not be here in the open helping. I would be hiding. Or finding a new place of employment.
Guess it's like any RV or automobile. Don't want one built on Monday or Friday, as the old saying goes. When ours comes in, I hope to post all the good things about our unit. Thx Brian.
benagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:22 PM   #7

We had a problem with our pantry on our shake out trip to Florida and back. It would not slide back in, so hung out by about 1/3rd. We used a bungee for the 2 week trip and put it in for warranty repair.
We have a 2015 but it is the one piece pantry.
We really like the rv and these minor issues are not a big problem in the big picture.
naysmitj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:22 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hfarms View Post
BClemins, I am one of those that is very positive about my Forester, just trying to make things better. I saw the newer model and would love to have the pantry in two pieces rather than the one large pantry slide. I was only asking if some one may have a fix for this issue. But we do love our Forester. Do you think an extra set of drawer glides would work and do you think I could make this happen
No worries 5hfarms, just noting because they had posted concern on a couple of threads with some issues. Not pointing out your post specifically.

I'd have to look to see what we're doing now. I know the design has changed slightly from the original. The guides we're using and location. Maybe Josh will be nice enough to post a pic of the current design if he reads this and I forget.

We'll figure out a way to make it right.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:23 PM   #9
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benagi View Post
Guess it's like any RV or automobile. Don't want one built on Monday or Friday, as the old saying goes. When ours comes in, I hope to post all the good things about our unit. Thx Brian.
That's why we don't work on Monday or Friday

Old 04-02-2015, 08:31 PM   #10

Pantry

Thanks BClemins Any help would be appreciated. Our dealer is trying to help, but short of them adding the drawer glides themselves they are at a lost. I thought it may be something I could do myself.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:21 AM   #11
Class C Representative

Here is a picture of the latest pantry guide design.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1428074456559.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	72935  
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:33 AM   #12
Class C Representative

On top of the pantry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1428075199199.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	72937  
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Old 04-03-2015, 10:34 AM   #13
Class C Representative

There are guides on both bottom sides of the slide out pantry and one on top in the Middle of the pantry. All three guides are the same design.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:12 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
Here is a picture of the latest pantry guide design.
I know this is a Forester forum, but I'm wondering if this new design pantry is also included on the Sunseeker 3050S?
Thanks
Toad: 2014 Honda CR-V AWD
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
JimOneil43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 11:23 AM   #15
Commercial Member

yes.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:07 PM   #16

slide pantry

That is the design of the pantry glides that are on my pantry . The top glide is not connected to anything and the bearings are falling out of the tracks. Not sure if the top glide is broken or was never connected. I would find roller bearings on the floor and the dealer said they could not find where they were coming from. They said everything was working fine. The bottom glides are supporting the entire weight of the pantry.

I did some searching myself and quickly saw the problem. I was just wondering if adding another set of glides midway up the pantry would help support the weight of the pantry. I did notice on another model that the pantry was in two sections. This seems that the weight would be spread out on two sets of drawer glides rather than one.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:24 PM   #17
Commercial Member

If the pantry was in two sections, its not one that we did. Ours has always been one big pantry.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:32 PM   #18

Pantry slide

I may be mistaken, It was on the lot where we bought our Forester. Just assumed it was a Forest River Product.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:02 PM   #19

When we purchased our 3051S, the dealer warned us about loading up the pantry with can goods, etc. in other words, heavier stuff. Made a habit of of lightly loading the pantry and putting heavier stuff in the other multitude of cabinets. So far so good! Love our Forester, and summer can't come soon enough! 😊

Tags
slide