Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2021, 12:19 PM   #1

Slide shifts when accelerating from a stop and stopping.

I have a 2019 Sunseeker 285 LE and have a problem with the slide shifting when accelerating from a stop and shifts again when stopping. Anyone experienced this issue and if so what's the fix.
Thanks
J. David
J David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 03:01 PM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

What makes you believe the slide is shifting?

Edit: For those scoring at home, the 2850SLE has a single schwintek slideout on the ODS.
Old 08-06-2021, 04:15 PM   #3
Kanadian Kamper

Yup. I’m waiting to see how this turns out.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 06:24 PM   #4

I don't have a sunseeker but on my wildcat 295rsx 5th wheel I had this problem on my slide out on the curb side, it went back to forest river to have the slide mechanism replaced, I refused to let the dealership do it because they were walking fluster cluckers.
wildcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 08:49 AM   #5

How do I know the slide is shifting?
While driving I set 6" from the front of the slide so I feel and hear it move forward and back when stopping. There's nothing else in the coach that would have this movement or sound.
J David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 11:27 AM   #6
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by J David View Post
How do I know the slide is shifting?
While driving I set 6" from the front of the slide so I feel and hear it move forward and back when stopping. There's nothing else in the coach that would have this movement or sound.
OK, I suggest the following:
With the slide closed, check the support brackets on the sides that reinforce the connection of the slide frame to the coach frame. There should be at least two on each side. Visually check to see the screw heads are still present.

With the slide out, check the frame of the slide to see that the screws/bolts that attach the frame to the coach frame are present. Also check top and bottom corners for separation/cracks in the slide frame itself. Note any side wall defects in the corners as well.

If you find all of the above in good shape then the only thing left is the slide mechanism itself. That would cause noticeable track wear and abnormal tilting of the slide when extended. An easy way to prove or disprove that is to tape an L bracket to the slide on the outside and tape a non-permanent marker to the bracket with the point touching the side wall of the coach. Then go for a spin until you hear/feel the slide move. At that point you can stop and look to see the fine artwork you drew on the coach.
YMMV
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9A116815-F2F7-4C8A-9065-E4FF6CE3AFBB.jpeg
Views:	56
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	260539  
Old 08-07-2021, 11:45 AM   #7

Depends on the type of slide. So, just guessing here, you may have a type that is supposed to have nylon guide blocks at the bottom at each end of the slide, and they're missing. The alternative is something is loose or out of adjustment. You're going to have to investigate.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide