Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2018, 02:40 PM   #1

Question slide won't retract

I have a 2016 Sunseeker MBS 2400S (corner bed). Battery/power OK, slide motor getting power. Slide uneven when it "jumps up" to go in; won't retract. Shop gave me no other info, just said they can't fix it. Do I have a Lippert Schwenker motor? Where located? Brake attached to it? No controller, says shop. What tool to manually retract? Slide has tripped mini-circuit breaker (reset at stair) every time used, 20 amp from factory but also trips 25 amp and now 30 amp. Having trouble finding authorized repair in Denver Metro.
Mile High Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 08:24 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. You might try giving Forest River a call for authorized repair shops in the area.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 08:36 AM   #3

weight of slide room

Thanks. Do other Sunseeker 2400S owners have trouble w/ slide going out of alignment, heavy closet-side lower? Is the weight of what's moved (the whole slide area, closet and heavy wood trim) a problem? Don't have extra-heavy stuff stored in it. Have a replaced Power Gear motor. Need stronger motor or motor adjustment? Still tracking down a repair facility.
Old 08-27-2018, 10:39 AM   #4

If the slide wont retract I dont think you should drive it to a repair facility. Unless you mean it will not extend. If you look up schwintec slide motors there are alot of videos on you tube to help you figure out how to retract it. Good luck i hope you get it figured out and to the service center for repair.
Old 08-27-2018, 11:38 AM   #5

appt 2 months out

Thanks for the advice. FR never answered my inquiry about local dealers and their website dealer link was useless; only 1 dealer listed, Lazydays, who kept my rig in repair for 5 months out of its warranty year. Not going back there. They had 400 open work orders in 2016. I did have an old dealer list and the earliest appointment I could get is mid Oct. Hard to find good repair in Denver metro area. Good thing I can use the rig w/ the slide in. I took it to a repair shop recently, paid an hour's labor, and they said "we don't know how to fix it, it's a bad design from the factory." I did find the Schwintek videos, helped educate me about slides (this is my first slide), but not directly helpful if I don't have that brand. Did find out it's a Power Gear and found online manuals. Have high hopes for the next repair shop.
Old 09-15-2018, 09:41 AM   #6
Sunseeker 2400MBW

Hey, did you ever get your slide fixed?
We have the wide slide, it provides a nice big room but it’s heavy as you say. I want to be ready, just in case. Knowledge is comforting.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:36 PM   #7

Slide info

We have a 2017 Sunseeker 2400ws. Our slide stuck open this summer in Newport, OR. We could not find a repair shop locally so we removed the motors and manually retracted the slide and drove to Portland where we found a sharp mobil technician who fixed it. It turned out to be a pinched wire where the wires come up and over the Aluminum framing. It was an intermittent short circuit difficult to fix. It happened to us again in Seattle. I am attaching the white papers from Lippert that had all the information we needed to troubleshoot and fix this issue.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf pg-3010002813.pdf (983.9 KB, 164 views)
davec2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:56 PM   #8

Slides for Sunseeker MBS

I have a 2016 MBS sunseeker and I had a slide motor fail once before and I was not able to extend a slide. I took the RV to the shop and they fixed it. Since then I have been worried about my slides fail and having to move them manually so that I can get some help. I was at my local RV repair place today and talked to them about manually retracting my slides if the motor failed. He showed me where the control panels are, in the rear compartment, and if I was in a situation where I needed to retract a slide I could access the control panel and on the panel there are instructions on how to override the bad motor and retract the slide with the one good motor. These are lippert slides.
brucebollert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide